Identification to the species level of the plant pathogens Phytophthora and Pythium by using unique sequences of the ITS1 region of ribosomal DNA as capture probes for PCR ELISA
Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2006
FEMS Microbiology Letters
Volume 207, Issue 2, pages 153–158, February 2002
How to Cite
Bailey, A.M., Mitchell, D.J., Manjunath, K.L., Nolasco, G. and Niblett, C.L. (2002), Identification to the species level of the plant pathogens Phytophthora and Pythium by using unique sequences of the ITS1 region of ribosomal DNA as capture probes for PCR ELISA. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 207: 153–158. doi: 10.1111/j.1574-6968.2002.tb11044.x
- Issue online: 9 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2006
- Received 25 September 2001, Revised 8 October 2001, Accepted 10 October 2001
- Dick, M.W. (1990) Key to Pythium, 64 pp. Univeristy of Reading Press, Reading.
- Erwin, D.C. and Ribeiro, O.K. (1996) Phytophthora Diseases Worldwide, 562 pp. APS Press, Am. Phytopathol. Soc., St. Paul, MN.
- Stamps, D.J., Waterhouse, G.M., Newhook, F.J. and Hall, G.S. (1990) Revised Tabular Key to the Species of Phytophthora, Mycology papers No. 162, 28 pp. C.A.B. International Mycological Institute, Egham.
- Van der Plaats-Niterink, A.J. (1981) Monograph of the Genus Pythium, Studies in Mycology No. 21, 242 pp. Centraalbureau Voor Schimmelcultures, Baarn.
- Foster, H., Learn, G. and Coffey, M.D. (1995) Towards a better understanding of the evolutionary history of the species of the genus Phytophthora using isozymes, DNA RFLP's, and rDNA spacer sequences. In: Phytophthora (Dowley, L.J., Bannon, E., Cooke, L.R., Keane, T., and O'Sullivan, E., Eds.), 150, pp. 42–54. European Association for Potato Research, Boole, Ltd., Dublin.
- Roche Molecular Biochemicals (2001) PCR ELISA (DIG Detection): Semiquantitative Detection of DIG-labeled Products by Hybridization-based Microtiter Plate Assay. Instruction Manual Version 3, May 2001. Available at http://biochem.roche.com/pack-insert/1636111A.pdf.
- Nolasco, G., Sequeira, Z., Soares, C., Mansinho, A., Bailey, A.M. and Niblett, C.L. (2002) Asymmetric PCR ELISA: Increased sensitivity and reduced costs for the detection of plant viral nucleic acids. Eur. J. Plant Pathol., in press.
- 1995) Mycoplasma detection by mycoplasma PCR ELISA. Biochemica 3, 33–35., , , (
- Pappu, S.S., Pappu, H.R. and Csinos, A.S. (2001) Simplified extraction and amplification of mycelial DNA from the tobacco black shank fungus (Phytophthora parasitica var. nicotianae). Tob. Sci., in press.
- Detection and differentiation of citrus tristeza closterovirus using a point mutation and minor sequence differences in their coat protein genes Phytopathology 86 1996 S101., Pappu, S.S., Lee, R.F., Niblett, C.L.
- Nolasco, G., Sequeira, Z., Santos, M.T., Sequeira, J.C. and Sequeira, O.A. (1997) IC/RT-PCR coupled to exonuclease fluorescent assay. Early-Spring detection of GLRaV-3 in leaf petioles, p. 91–92. In O.A. Sequeira, J.C. Sequeira and M.T. Santos (Ed.): Extended abstracts 12th meeting ICVG, Lisbon, Portugal 29 Sept – 2 Oct. 1997. Dept. Plant Pathology, Estação Agronomica Nacianal, Oeiras, Portugal.
- 1997) Sensitive CTV diagnosis using inmunocapture reverse transcriptional polymerase chain reaction and exonuclease fluorescent probe assay. Fruits 52, 391–396., , , , , , , , , , , (