Bone induction by recombinant human osteogenic protein-1 (hOP-1, BMP-7) in the primate Papio ursinus with expression of mRNA of gene products of the TGF-β superfamily
Article first published online: 1 MAY 2007
Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 4, pages 911–928, October 2005
How to Cite
Ripamonti, U. (2005), Bone induction by recombinant human osteogenic protein-1 (hOP-1, BMP-7) in the primate Papio ursinus with expression of mRNA of gene products of the TGF-β superfamily. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 9: 911–928. doi: 10.1111/j.1582-4934.2005.tb00388.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAY 2007
- Article first published online: 1 MAY 2007
- Received: August 18, 2005; Accepted: September 14, 2005
- 1Osteogenic proteins of the TGF-β superfamily. In: Henry, HL, Norman, AW, editors. Encyclopedia of Hormones. Austin Academic Press; 2004. p. 80–6..
- 9Soluble signals and insoluble substrata: Novel molecular cues instructing the induction of bone. In EJMassaro and JMRogers (Eds.) The Skeleton. Humana Press, Chapter 15, 2004. p. 217–27., , , , , .
- 12Recombinant human osteogenic protein-1 (hOP-1) induces new bone formation in vivo with a specific activity comparable with natural bovine osteogenic protein and stimulates osteoblast proliferation and differentiation in vitro. J Biol Chem 1992; 267: 20352–62., , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 13Long-term evaluation of bone formation by osteogenic protein 1 in the baboon and relative efficacy of bone-derived bone morphogenetic proteins delivered by irradiated xenogeneic collagenous matrices. J Bone Miner Res 2000; 15: 1798–809., , , , .
- 22Bone induction in nonhuman primates. An experimental study on the baboon (Papio ursinus). Clin Orthop Rel Res 1991; 269: 284–94..
- 23Public Service Department. National Code for Animal Use in Research Education, Diagnosis and Testing of Drugs and Related Substances in South Africa. Public Service Department, Pretoria , South Africa 1990.
- 27Stereologic basis of bone histomorphometry; theory of quantitative microscopy and reconstruction of the third dimension. In: Recker, RR (ed). Bone Histomorphometry: Techniques and Interpretation. CRC Press, Boca Raton , FL USA p 53–87..
- 29Recombinant transforming growth factor-β1 induces endochondral bone in the baboon and synergizes with recombinant osteogenic protein-1 (bone morphogenetic protein-7) to initiate rapid bone formation. J Bone Miner Res 1997; 2: 1584–95., , , , .
- 30Statistical Analysis System. SAS/STATS User's Guide, version 6, 4th ed. Vol 1. SAS Institute, Inc., Cary , NC , USA , 1989. p. 209–44.
- 32Differential temporal expression of multiple members of TGF β superfamily during murine bone healing. 47th Annual Meeting, Orthopaedic Research Society, February 25–28, San Francisco, California. 2001., , .
- 36Bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) enhances BMP-3, BMP-4, and bone cell differentiation marker gene expression during the induction of mineralized bone matrix formation in cultures of fetal rat calvarial osteoblasts. Calcif Tissue Int 1997; 60: 283–90., , , , , , , .
- 39Osteogenic protein-l, a bone morphognetic protein, induces angiogenesis in the chick chorioallantoic membrane and synergizes wiht basic fibroblast growth factor and transforming growth factor- β. Anat Record. 2000; 259: 97–107., .
- 42Interaction of osteogenin, a heparin binding bone morphogenetic protein, with type IV collagen. J Biol Chem 1990; 265: 1781–84., , , , .
- 45Distinct tumor specific expression of TGFβ4 (ebaf), an novel human geme of the TGF-β superfamily. Front Biosci. 1997; 2: 18–25., , .