The novel antipsychotics clozapine (Clozaril, Leponex), olanzapine (Zyprexa), quetiapine (Seroquel) and risperidone (Risperdal) have all been registered for the indication of schizophrenia. Ziprasidone (Geodon) has been registered for this indication only in the USA. Only olanzapine has been registered for the indication of acute bipolar mania and that too only in the USA.
Novel antipsychotics in bipolar and schizoaffective mania
Article first published online: 29 APR 2004
Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica
Volume 109, Issue 6, pages 405–419, June 2004
How to Cite
Mensink, G. J. R. and Slooff, C. J. (2004), Novel antipsychotics in bipolar and schizoaffective mania. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 109: 405–419. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0047.2004.00295.x
- Issue published online: 29 APR 2004
- Article first published online: 29 APR 2004
- Accepted for publication December 15, 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.