Conflict of interest The authors have stated explicitly that there are no conflicts of interest in connection with this article.
MAIN RESEARCH ARTICLE
Pregnancy and birth outcomes of women with intellectual disability in Sweden: a national register study
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica© 2012 Nordic Federation of Societies of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica
Volume 91, Issue 12, pages 1381–1387, December 2012
How to Cite
HÖGLUND, B., LINDGREN, P. and LARSSON, M. (2012), Pregnancy and birth outcomes of women with intellectual disability in Sweden: a national register study. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, 91: 1381–1387. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0412.2012.01509.x
Please cite this article as: Höglund B, Lindgren P, Larsson M. Pregnancy and birth outcomes of women with intellectual disability in Sweden: a national register study. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2012; 91: DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-0412.2012.01509.x.
Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
- Issue published online: 5 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 AUG 2012 05:05PM EST
- Received: 23 February 2012 Accepted: 16 July 2012
- 5WHO. Medical and Behavioural Disorders. Clinical descriptions and diagnostic guidelines. Geneva : WHO; 1992 [updated 2007; cited 1992]; http://www.who.int/entity/class-ifications/icd/en/GRNBOOK.pdf (accessed 15 July 2012).
- 6Svensk författningssamling (Sfs) 1934:171. Lag om sterilisering av vissa sinnessjuka, sinnesslöa eller andra som lida av rubbad själsverksamhet (in Swedish. No abstract available).
- 7Misconception: The experience of pregnancy for woman with intellectual disability. Scand J Disabil Res. 2006;2–3:120–31., , .
- 8Disputed mothers. A study of mothers registered as mentally retarded. The Nordic School of Public Health (in Swedish: Omstridda mödrar). Göteborg: Nordiska Hälsovårdshögskolan, 1989. ISSN 0282-1961..
- 9National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen). The Swedish Medical Birth Registry – a Summary of Contents and Quality. 2003; Available from: http://www.sos.se/eoc/epceng.htm (accessed 18 March 2010).
- 10National Board of Health and Welfare. (Socialstyrelsen) – Statistics Health and Diseases. Pregancies, deliveries and newborn infants. 2008; http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/epc (accessed 18 March 2010).
- 12http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/register/halsodataregister/medicinskafodelseregistret. The Medical Birth Register (accessed 18 March 2010).
- 13http://www.nationalboardofhealthandwelfare/patientregister/psychiatricdiagnosis. (accessed 18 March 2010).
- 14http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/register/halsodataregister/medicinskafodelseregistret/inenglish (accessed 26 October 2011).
- 18A general practice-based prevalence study of epilepsy among adults with intellectual disabilities and of its association with psychiatric disorder, behavior disturbance and carer stress. J Intellect Disabil Res. 2008;52:163–173., , , , .
- 21Van Schrojenstein Lantman-De V. Eur. J Public Health. 2003;13:47–50., .
- 23http://www.scb.se. Swedish National Statistics (accessed 27 August 2010.
- 26Nitrous oxide for relief of labor pain: a systematic review. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002;186:110–26.
- 30http://www.humanrights.gov.se. Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities and optional protocol to the convention on the rights of persons with disabilities. 2007 (accessed 18 March 2010).