Acute bipolar mania: a systematic review and meta-analysis of co-therapy vs. monotherapy
Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2006
Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica
Volume 115, Issue 1, pages 12–20, January 2007
How to Cite
Smith, L. A., Cornelius, V., Warnock, A., Tacchi, M. J. and Taylor, D. (2007), Acute bipolar mania: a systematic review and meta-analysis of co-therapy vs. monotherapy. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 115: 12–20. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0447.2006.00912.x
- Issue online: 24 OCT 2006
- Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2006
- Accepted for publication September 13, 2006
- 3American Psychiatric Association. Practice guideline for the treatment of patients with bipolar disorder (revision). Am J Psychiatry 2002;159:1–50.
- 9Olanzapine alone or in combination for acute mania. Cochrane Database of Systamatic Reviews 2003;1:CD004040. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD004040., , , , .
- 12The Cochrane Collaboration. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Updated March, 2005; 188.8.131.525.
- 14Statistical methods for examining heterogeneity and combining results from several studies in meta-analysis. In: EggerM, Davey SmithG, AltmanDG, eds. Systematic reviews in health care: meta-analysis in context. London: BMJ Books, 2001:285–312., , .
- 16Quetiapine adjunctive therapy for acute mania associated with bipolar disorder (SIAM). Program and abstracts of the Fifth International Conference on Bipolar Disorder, June 12–14, 2003, Pittsburgh, PA. Abstract P139, 2003., , .
- 17Mania remission rates and euthymia with quetiapine combination therapy. Eur Psychiatry 2005;20:S140–S141., , .
- 19Potentiation of lithium with carbamazepine in acute mania. Indian J Psychiatry 1987;29:73–75., , .
- 29Valproate as an adjunct to neuroleptic medication for the treatment of acute episodes of mania: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study. European Valproate Mania Study Group. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2000;20:195–203., , , , .