Under-recruitment of patients for clinical trials: an illustrative example of a failed study
Article first published online: 5 APR 2007
Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica
Volume 115, Issue 5, pages 337–339, May 2007
How to Cite
Rendell, J. M. and Licht, R. W. (2007), Under-recruitment of patients for clinical trials: an illustrative example of a failed study. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 115: 337–339. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0447.2007.01019.x
- Issue published online: 5 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 5 APR 2007
- 4Randomized controlled trial of the effect on Quality of Life of second- vs first-generation antipsychotic drugs in schizophrenia: Cost Utility of the Latest Antipsychotic Drugs in Schizophrenia Study (CUtLASS 1). Arch Gen Psychiatry 2006;63:1079–1087., , et al.
- 5AD 2000 Collaborative Group. Long-term donepezil treatment in 565 patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD2000): randomised double-blind trial. Lancet 2004;383:2105–2115.
- 9Barriers to recruitment to RCTs: a Delphi study. Fifth European Stanley Conference on Bipolar Disorder. October 5th–7th 2006 Abstract 1–050 in abstract book (Oral presentation and poster)., .
- 11The National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE). Accessed online http://www.nice.org.uk
- 12American Psychiatric Association. Practice guideline for the treatment of patients with bipolar disorder, revision. Am J Psychiatry 2002;159(suppl.):1–50.
- 14Incentives and disincentives to participation by clinicians in randomised controlled trials. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006, Issue 4. Art. No.: MR000021., , .