Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms.
Effect of health promotion and fluoride varnish on dental caries among Australian Aboriginal children: results from a community-randomized controlled trial
Article first published online: 5 AUG 2010
© 2010 John Wiley & Sons A/S
Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 29–43, February 2011
How to Cite
Slade, G. D., Bailie, R. S., Roberts-Thomson, K., Leach, A. J., Raye, I., Endean, C., Simmons, B. and Morris, P. (2011), Effect of health promotion and fluoride varnish on dental caries among Australian Aboriginal children: results from a community-randomized controlled trial. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, 39: 29–43. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0528.2010.00561.x
- Issue published online: 12 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 5 AUG 2010
- Submitted 16 November 2009; accepted 1 May 2010
- 1The Health and Welfare of Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics; Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2008.,
- 6Oral health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; 2007., , .
- 9Fluoride varnishes for preventing dental caries in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2002; CD002279., , , .
- 11Conservation Commission of the Northern Territory. Aboriginal Communities of the Northern Territory of Australia. Traditional Aboriginal medicines in the Northern Territory of Australia . Darwin: Conservation Commission of the Northern Territory of Australia; 1993: xxiv, 651 p.
- 14Child Dental Health Survey, Northern Territory 2000. Adelaide: The University of Adelaide; 2003., , , .
- 15Design and analysis of group-randomized trials. New York: Oxford University Press; 1998: xi, 467.
- 18Modern epidemiology. 3rd [thoroughly rev. and updated] edn. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008: 51–70., , .
- 20Dentistry, dental practice, and the community. 6th edn. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier Saunders; 2005: 194–201., .