SEARCH

SEARCH BY CITATION

Keywords:

  • allergic contact dermatitis;
  • baby wipes;
  • cleansing;
  • cosmetics;
  • formaldehyde releasers;
  • fragrances;
  • methylchloroisothiazolinone;
  • methylisothiazolinone;
  • moist toilet tissues;
  • preservatives

We describe 4 adults with an allergic contact dermatitis for moist baby toilet tissues, being used either for their personal hygiene or for their babies (children). The allergen proved to be the preservative mixture of methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone (MCI/MI). Allergic contact dermatitis from moist toilet paper has been infrequently reported but is probably not rare. The cases we describe here have been observed over a short period of 6 months. The question arises if the use of MCI/MI as a preservative, still often used in leave-on products, should not be abandoned from cosmetics.