Profile of the oral healthcare team in countries with emerging economies
Article first published online: 15 FEB 2008
© 2008 The Authors
European Journal of Dental Education
Special Issue: Global Congress on Dental Education III
Volume 12, Issue Supplement s1, pages 111–119, February 2008
How to Cite
Nash, D., Ruotoistenmäki, J., Argentieri, A., Barna, S., Behbehani, J., Berthold, P., Catalanotto, F., Chidzonga, M., Goldblatt, L., Jaafar, N., Kikwilu, E., Konoo, T., Kouzmina, E., Lindh, C., Mathu-Muju, K., Mumghamba, E., Nik Hussein, N., Phantumvanit, P., Runnel, R., Shaw, H., Forna, N., Orliaguet, T. and Honkala, E. (2008), Profile of the oral healthcare team in countries with emerging economies. European Journal of Dental Education, 12: 111–119. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0579.2007.00493.x
Codes in respect of declaration of conflict of interest: nci: declared no conflict of interest with commercial company in past 2 years nd: no declaration made dci: declared conflict of interest in past 2 years as listed below - a: Lecture fees from Straumann AB, Gothenburg
- Issue published online: 15 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 15 FEB 2008
- Accepted: 13 September 2007
- 1Preamble to the Constitution of the World Health Organization as adopted by the International Health Conference, New York, 19–22 June 1946, http://www.who.org (Last accessed 16 May 2007).
- 3Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations, 10 December 1948. http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.htm (Last accessed 11 September 2007).
- 4Declaration of Alma-Ata, International Conference of Primary Healthcare, USSR, 8–12 September 1978. http://www.who.int/hpr/nph/docs/declaration_almaata.pdf .
- 6American Dental Association. The oral-systemic connection: an update for the practicing dentist. A special supplement to the Journal of the American Dental Association. J Am Dent Assoc 2006: 137: 1S–40S.
- 7World Health Organization. Working together for health: the world health report 2006. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO.
- 8The white man’s burden; why the West’s efforts to aid the rest have done so much ill and so little good. New York: Penguin Books, 2006..
- 9Advancing the human development agenda: a shared responsibility. Third Forum on Human Development, Cultural Identity, Democracy and Global Equity.Paris, January 17–19, 2005. http://www.realizingrights.org (Last accessed 16 May 2007)..
- 10The end of poverty: economic possibilities for our time. New York: Penguin Books, 2005..
- 11United Nations. The millennium development goals report 2006. New York: United Nations, 2006.
- 12The millennium project. http://www.unmillenniumproject.org/press/07.htm (Last accessed 1 August 2007).
- 13Dental education and the crossroads: challenges and change. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, National Academy Press, 1995..
- 15World Health Organization. Oral health: action plan for promotion and integrated disease prevention. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO, 2006.
- 18Innovation in dental care: recommendations. Leiden, The Netherlands: Secretariat of the Innovation in Dental Care Committee, the Institute for Research on Public Expenditures (IOO), 2006.
- 20Case University School of Dental Medicine website. The dentist-physician programme at Case: Dual degree-D.M.D., M.D. Program. http://dental.case.edu/dmdmd (Last accessed 16 May 2007).
- 21Stomatology and odontology. In: , ed. Dental education in Europe. Dublin: DentEd Thematic Network Project, 2001: 140–146., , , et al.
- 22The world goes to town. The Economist 11 May 2007 http://www.economist.com/specialreports/PrinterFriendly.cfm?story_id=9070726..
- 23Experiments in dental care: results of New Zealand’s use of school dental nurses. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO, 1951..
- 28Community Health Workers National Workforce Study, Human Resources and Services Administration, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD, March, 2007 (Accessible at http://bhpr.hrsa.gov/healthworkforce/chw/default.htm).
- 33Dentistry, Department of Oral Health, Fiji School of Medicine http://www.fsm.ac.fj/academic/healthscience/dentistry.html (Last accessed 16 May 2007).
- 36American Association of Dental Schools. Competences for the new dentist. Proceedings of the AADS House of Delegates, Appendix Two. J Dent Educ 1997: 71: 556–558.