Developing information literacy with first year oral health students
Version of Record online: 16 JAN 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Blackwell Munksgaard
European Journal of Dental Education
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 46–51, February 2009
How to Cite
Ford, P. J., Foxlee, N. and Green, W. (2009), Developing information literacy with first year oral health students. European Journal of Dental Education, 13: 46–51. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0579.2008.00536.x
- Issue online: 16 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 16 JAN 2009
- Accepted: 29 August, 2008
- 1Learning for an unknown future. Higher Educ Res Dev 2004: 23: 247–260..
- 2University of Queensland. Handbook of university policies & procedures. 3.20.5 Statement of graduate attributes. 2006. http://www.uq.edu.au/hupp/index.html?page=25095 [accessed on 9 January 2008].
- 4Adapting to changes in molecular biosciences and technologies. Eur J Dent Educ 2008: 13: 3–10., , , et al.
- 5American Library Association. Information literacy competency standards for higher education. 2006. http://www.ala.org/acrl/ilcomstan.html [accessed on 9 April 2007].
- 6Australian and New Zealand Institute for Information Literacy. Australian and New Zealand information literacy framework: principles, standards and practice, 2nd edn. 2004. http://www.caul.edu.au/info-literacy/InfoLiteracyFramework.pdf [accessed on 9 January 2008].
- 7Locating learning advisors in the new university: what should be our role? In: MilnesS, CraswellG, RaoV, BartlettA, eds. Critiquing and reflecting: LAS profession and practice: refereed proceedings of the Language and Academic Skills in Higher Education conference 2005. Canberra: Academic Skills and Learning Centre, ANU; 2005: 87–98., ,
- 8Cultures of learning: critical reading in the social and applied sciences. Aust Rev Appl Linguist 2002: 25: 74., .
- 14The first year experience project report. St Lucia, Qld: University of Queensland, 2006..
- 15The first year experience in Australian universities: findings from a decade of national studies. Centre for Studies in Higher Education (CHSE), University of Melbourne, 2005. http://www.dest.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/1B0F1A03-E7BC-4BE4-B45C-735F95BC67CB/5885/FYEFinalReportforWebsiteMay06.pdf. [accessed on 29 May 2007]., , ,
- 18What the student does: teaching for enhanced learning. Higher Educ Res Dev 1999: 18: 57–75..
- 19Information literacy for first-year students: and embedded curriculum approach. Eur J Eng Educ 2007: 32: 253–259., .
- 2021st Century learning and information literacy. Change 2005: 37: 20–27..
- 21Complex skills and academic writing: a review of evidence about the types of learning required to meet core assessment criteria. Assess Eval High Educ 2006: 31: 71–90., , , et al.
- 22Student learning outcomes in a cyberspace age. Diverse Issues High Educ 2007: 24: 85..