This paper emerged from discussions between Professor Townsend, Dr Kim and Dr Sankey at an International Symposium titled ‘A two-way road to dental competence’, held in Gwangju, South Korea in 2010 to celebrate the 55th anniversary of the founding of the School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University. Professor Townsend’s presentation at the symposium was titled Research on PBL in dentistry: past, present and future, while Dr Sankey’s topic was Perception and the dynamics of learning and teaching. Dr Kim was one of the invited discussants at the session.
Dynamic Systems (Complexity) theory as a new conceptual model for researching PBL in dental education
Article first published online: 1 NOV 2011
© 2011 John Wiley & Sons A/S
European Journal of Dental Education
Volume 16, Issue 1, pages 43–51, February 2012
How to Cite
Townsend, G. C., Kim, M. and Sankey, D. (2012), Dynamic Systems (Complexity) theory as a new conceptual model for researching PBL in dental education. European Journal of Dental Education, 16: 43–51. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0579.2011.00718.x
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 1 NOV 2011
- Accepted: 16 September 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!