Using phenotypic variation to determine conservation value: application of a novel approach to Arctic charr
Article first published online: 29 AUG 2006
Ecology of Freshwater Fish
Volume 16, Issue 1, pages 29–33, March 2007
How to Cite
Bush, V. and Adams, C. E. (2007), Using phenotypic variation to determine conservation value: application of a novel approach to Arctic charr. Ecology of Freshwater Fish, 16: 29–33. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0633.2006.00169.x
- Issue published online: 29 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 29 AUG 2006
- Accepted for publication October 19, 2005
- 2002a. Inherited differences in head allometry in polymorphic charr from Loch Rannoch, Scotland. Journal of Fish Biology 60: 515–520. &
- 2002b. The functional significance of inherited differences in feeding morphology in a sympatric polymorphic population of Arctic charr. Evolutionary Ecology 16: 15–25. &
- 2004. Incipient speciation driven by phenotypic plasticity? Evidence from sympatric populations of Arctic charr. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 81: 611–618. &
- 2003. Stable isotopes analysis reveals ecological segregation in a bimodal size polymorphism in Arctic charr from Loch Tay, Scotland. Journal of Fish Biology 78: 43–49. , , , , &
- 2004. Exposure to a common environment erodes inherited between-population trophic morphology differences in Arctic charr. Journal of Fish Biology 64: 253. &
- 1986. Brown trout. Trout 27: 42–47.
- 1989. Interpreting the phylogeny of Salvelinus. Physiology and Ecology Japan 1: 35–48.
- 1989. Genetic differences among brown trout, Salmo trutta, stocks and their importance for the conservation and management of the species. Freshwater Biology 21: 35–46.
- 1999. Rapid and coupled phenotypic and genetic divergence in Icelandic Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus). Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 56: 2229–2234. , , &
- 1996. Variation in mitochondrial DNA and post-glacial colonisation of north western Europe by brown trout. Journal of Fish Biology 48: 54–67. , &
- 1997. Perspectives on individual variation in mammals. Journal of Mammalogy 78: 271–273.
- 1987. Conserving fish genomes: philosophies and practices. Environmental Biology of Fishes 18: 3–9.
- 2002. Introduction to the practice of statistics, 4th edn. New York: Freeman & Co. &
- 1972. Genetic distances between populations. The American Naturalist 106: 283–292.
- 1994. Single locus inheritance and joint segregation analysis of minisatellite (VNTR) DNA loci in brown trout (Salmo trutta L.). Heredity 73: 556–566. , &
- 1986. An empirical evaluation of the coefficients used in residual and allometric adjustment of size covariation. Canadian Journal of Zoology 64: 1363–1368.
- 1995. Resource polymorphism in vertebrates. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 10: 366–370. &
- 1993. Genetic based differences in foraging behaviour among sympatric morphs of arctic charr (Pisces: Salmonidae). Animal Behaviour 45: 1179–1192. , , &