Role of air distribution in SARS transmission during the largest nosocomial outbreak in Hong Kong
Version of Record online: 14 DEC 2004
Volume 15, Issue 2, pages 83–95, April 2005
How to Cite
Li, Y., Huang, X., Yu, I. T. S., Wong, T. W. and Qian, H. (2005), Role of air distribution in SARS transmission during the largest nosocomial outbreak in Hong Kong. Indoor Air, 15: 83–95. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0668.2004.00317.x
- Issue online: 14 DEC 2004
- Version of Record online: 14 DEC 2004
- Received for review 5 May 2004. Accepted for publication 7 September 2004.
- Anonymous (2003) Update: outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome – worldwide, Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report, 52, 241–248.
- 2001) Spread and prevention of some common viral infections in community facilities and domestic homes, J. Appl. Microbiol., 91, 7–21. , and (
- 1992) Legionella and Building Services, Oxford, Butterworth–Heinemann, 129–130. (
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2003) Guidelines for Environmental Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities. Recommendations of CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC), Atlanta, USA, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- 1995) Comparison of different k-e models for indoor air flow computations, Numer. Heat Trans., Part B, 28, 353–369. (
- SARS Investigation Team (2004) Possible SARS coronavirus transmission during cardiopulmonary resuscitation, Emerg. Infect. Dis., 10, 287–293. , , , , , , , , , , and
- 1998) Characterization of infectious bio-aerosols in health care facilities: an aid to effective engineering controls and preventive strategies, Amer. J. Infection Control, 26, 453–464. and (
- 1945) The numbers and the sites of origin of the droplets expelled during expiratory activities, Edinburg Med. J., 52, 385–401. (
- 1996) Inefficiency of upward displacement operating theatre ventilation, J. Hospital Infection, 33, 263–272. , , , and (
- 2003) A major outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome in Hong Kong. New England J. Med., 348, 1986–1994. , , , , , , , , , , , , and (
- SARS-Busters (2003) Experimental investigation of the SARS Busters’ new air-conditioning system for SARS wards. Proceedings of the Asia Pacific Conference on Built Environment, Hong Kong, 18–19 November. The ASHRAE Hong Kong Chapter, The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers. and
- 2002) Improving the health of workers in indoor environments: priority research needs for a national occupational research agenda, Amer. J. Public. Health, 92, 1430–1440. , , , , , , , , , , and (
- 1997) The size distribution of droplets in the exhaled breath of healthy human subjects, J. Bio-aerosol Medicine, 10, 105–116. and (
- 2003) Risk of indoor airborne infection transmission estimated from carbon dioxide concentration. Indoor Air, 13, 237–245. and (
- SARS Busters (2005) Air-conditioning System for Hospitals dealing with SARS, HKIE Trans. In press
- 1934) On air-borne infection. Study II. Droplets and droplet nuclei, Am J Hyg, 20, 611–618. (
- 2004) Cluster of SARS among medical students exposed to single patient, Hong Kong, Emerg. Infect. Dis., 10, 269–276. , , , , , , , , , and (
- World Health Organization (2003a) Summary of Probable SARS Cases With Onset If illness From 1 November 2002 to 31 July 2003: Revised 26 September 2003 (http://www.who.int/csr/sars/country/table2003_09_23/en/, accessed 12 February 2004).
- World Health Organization (2003b) Consensus Document on the Epidemiology of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) (http://www.who.int/csr/sars/en/ WHOconsensus.pdf, accessed 12 February 2004).
- 2004) Evidence of airborne transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome virus, New Eng. J. Med., 350, 1731–1739. , , , , , , and (
- Spatio-temporal Analysis of SARS among Hospital Inpatients, Clinical Infectious Diseases. , , , and (in press)