Abbreviations: CaCo M canopy cover; CaCl M canopy closure; CrCo M crown cover; CrCl M crown closure; CrCom M crown completeness; P0 M gap fraction; CO M canopy openness; SO M site openness; TO M tilt openness; FS M fractional soil; CP M crown porosity; HP M hemispherical photography.
Measuring fractional forest canopy element cover and openness – definitions and methodologies revisited
Article first published online: 4 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Authors
Volume 122, Issue 9, pages 1283–1291, September 2013
How to Cite
Gonsamo, A., D’odorico, P. and Pellikka, P. (2013), Measuring fractional forest canopy element cover and openness – definitions and methodologies revisited. Oikos, 122: 1283–1291. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0706.2013.00369.x
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 4 JUN 2013
- Paper manuscript accepted 21 April 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!