Pflanzenphysiologisches Institut, Georg-August-Untversitaet Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
On the primary functions of melatonin in evolution: Mediation of photoperiodic signals in a unicell, photooxidation, and scavenging of free radicals*
Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2007
Journal of Pineal Research
Volume 18, Issue 2, pages 104–111, March 1995
How to Cite
Hardeland, R., Balzer, I., Poeggeler, B., Fuhrberg, B., Una, H., Behrmann, G., Wolf, R., Meyer, T. J. and Reiter, R. J. (1995), On the primary functions of melatonin in evolution: Mediation of photoperiodic signals in a unicell, photooxidation, and scavenging of free radicals. Journal of Pineal Research, 18: 104–111. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-079X.1995.tb00147.x
A summary of a lecture given at Curso International entitled Melatonina: Mecanismos de Acción e Implicaciones Terapéuticas, Oviedo, Spain.
- Issue online: 30 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2007
- Accepted December 29,1994.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!