Effect of soccer footwear on landing mechanics
Article first published online: 20 APR 2012
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports
Volume 24, Issue 1, pages 129–135, February 2014
How to Cite
Butler, R. J., Russell, M. E. and Queen, R. (2014), Effect of soccer footwear on landing mechanics. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, 24: 129–135. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0838.2012.01468.x
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 20 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2012
- Subcutaneous rupture of the Achilles tendon. Acta Chir Scand 1959: 239: 7–51. , .
- Reducing the risk of noncontact anterior cruciate ligament injuries in the female athlete. Phys Sportsmed 2009: 37: 49–61. , , , .
- Muscle strength and qualitative jump-landing differences in male and female military cadets: the jump-ACL study. J Sports Sci Med 2009: 8: 663–671. , , , , .
- The influence of basketball shoes with increased ankle support on shock attenuation and performance in running and jumping. J Sports Sci 1997: 15: 505–515. , , , .
- Interaction of arch type and footwear on running mechanics. Am J Sports Med 2006: 34: 1998–2005. , , .
- Effect of footwear on high and low arched runners’ mechanics during a prolonged run. Gait Posture 2007: 26: 219–225. , , .
- Prevention of anterior cruciate ligament injuries in soccer: a prospective controlled study of proprioceptive training. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 1996: 4: 19–21. , , , , .
- Kinematics and electromyography of landing preparation in vertical stop-jump: risks for noncontact anterior cruciate ligament injury. Am J Sports Med 2007: 35: 235–241. , , , , .
- Influence of different footwear on force of landing during running. Phys Ther 2008: 88: 620–628. , .
- The effects of shoe design parameters on rearfoot control in running. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1983: 15: 376–381. , , .
- Kinematic factors affecting impact peak vertical ground reaction force in running. J Biomech 1994: 27: 673. , .
- Effect of landing stiffness on joint kinetics and energetics in the lower extremity. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1992: 24: 108–115. , .
- Running in the real world: adjusting leg stiffness for different surfaces. Proc R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 1998: 265: 989–994. , , .
- Use of an overhead goal alters vertical jump performance and biomechanics. J Strength Cond Res 2005: 19: 394–399. , , , , , .
- Interventions for preventing hamstring injuries. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010 Jan 20: 1: CD006782. , .
- Timing of lower extremity joint actions during treadmill running. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1992: 24: 807–813. , , .
- The influence of soccer shoe design on player performance and injuries. Res Sports Med 2011: 19: 186–201. .
- Decrease in neuromuscular control about the knee with maturation in female athletes. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2004: 86: 1601–1608. , , .
- Biomechanical measures of neuromuscular control and valgus loading of the knee predict anterior cruciate ligament injury risk in female athletes: a prospective study. Am J Sports Med 2005: 33: 492–501. , , , , , , , .
- Preparticipation physical examination using a box drop vertical jump test in young athletes: the effects of puberty and sex. Clin J Sport Med 2006: 16: 298–304. , , , .
- Energetics and mechanics of human running on surfaces of different stiffnesses. J Appl Physiol 2002: 92: 469–478. , , , , .
- Running in new and worn shoes: a comparison of three types of cushioning footwear. Br J Sports Med 2009: 43: 745–749. , , .
- Energy absorption as a predictor of leg impedance in highly trained females. J Appl Biomech 2006: 22: 177–185. , , , , .
- Gender differences in strength and lower extremity kinematics during landing. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2002: 401: 162–169. , , .
- A comparison of knee joint motion patterns between men and women in selected athletic tasks. Clin Biomech 2001: 16: 438–445. , , , , .
- Effectiveness of a neuromuscular and proprioceptive training program in preventing anterior cruciate ligament injuries in female athletes: 2-year follow up. Am J Sports Med 2005: 33: 1003–1010. , , , , , , , .
- Sports and recreational injury: the hidden cost of a healthy lifestyle. Inj Prev 2003: 9: 100–102. , .
- The influence of footwear on foot motion during walking and running. J Biomech 2009: 42: 2081–2088. , , , , .
- Trunk and hip control neuromuscular training for the prevention of knee joint injury. Clin Sports Med 2008: 27: 425–448. , , , .
- A kinematic and kinetic analysis of drop landings in military boots. J R Army Med Corps 2011: 157: 218–221. , , , .
- Influences of inversion/eversion of the foot upon impact loading during locomotion. Clin Biomech 1995: 10: 253–257. , .
- Effect of shoe type on plantar pressure: a gender comparison. Gait Posture 2010: 31: 18–22. , , , , .
- Gender differences in plantar loading during three soccer-specific tasks. Br J Sports Med 2008: 42: 272–277. , , .
- Tibial shock measured during the fencing lunge: the influence of footwear. Sports Biomech 2010: 9: 65–71. , , , .
- Adjustment to vertical displacement and stiffness with changes to running footwear stiffness. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2002: 34: S179. , .
- Ground reaction force measures when running in soccer boots and soccer training shoes on a natural turf surface. Sports Eng 2004: 3: 159–167. , , .
- Incidence and determinants of lower extremity running injuries in long distance runners: a systematic review. Br J Sports Med 2007: 41: 469–480. , , , .
- Footwear traction and lower extremity joint loading. Am J Sports Med 2010: 38: 1221–1228. , , .
- Gender comparisons between unilateral and bilateral landings. J Appl Biomech 2010: 26: 444–453. , , .