Climatology of polar lows over the Norwegian and Barents Seas
Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2010
1988 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 40A, Issue 3, pages 248–255, May 1988
How to Cite
ESE, T., KANESTRøM, I. and PEDERSEN, K. (1988), Climatology of polar lows over the Norwegian and Barents Seas. Tellus A, 40A: 248–255. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0870.1988.tb00345.x
- Issue online: 18 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2010
- Manuscript received 14 June 1986; in final form 9 September 1987
- 1985. The synoptic climatology of polar low outbreaks. Tellus 37A, 419–432.
- 1985. Satellite climatological aspects of the “polar low” and “instant occlusion”. Tellus 37A, 433–450.
- 1960. Frontal contour analysis of a polar low. Met. Mag. 89, 146–147.
- 1969. The polar low as a baroclinic disturbance. Q. J R. Meteorol. Soc. 95, 710–723. and
- 1984. Polar low case studies I. Polar lows project, Technical report No 3, The Norwegian Meteorological Institute, Oslo, Norway. and
- 1975. Data sets for meteorological research. NCAR Tech. Note.
- 1975. Arctic instability lows. Met. Ann. 6, No. 11.
- 1968. The snowfalls of early December. Weather 23, 156–162.
- 1985. Drift composition morphology and distribution of the sea ice field in the Barents Sea. Skrifter nr. 179C, Norwegian Polar Research Institute. Oslo, Norway.
- 1981. The polar low near the Norwegian coast Tech. Rep. no. 55, The Norwegian Meteorological Institute, Oslo, Norway.
- 1985. Climatological study of galeproducing polar lows near Norway. Tellus 37A, 451–459.