The normal modes of the spherical non-hydrostatic equations with applications to the filtering of acoustic modes
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2010
1988 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 40A, Issue 2, pages 96–106, March 1988
How to Cite
DALEY, R. (1988), The normal modes of the spherical non-hydrostatic equations with applications to the filtering of acoustic modes. Tellus A, 40A: 96–106. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0870.1988.tb00409.x
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2010
- Manuscript received 4 March; in final form 9 July 1987
- 1980. The development of efficient time integration schemes using model normal modes. Mon. Wea. Rev. 108, 100–110.
- 1960. Hydrodynamics of oceans and atmospheres. Pergamon Press, New York, 290 pp.
- 1976. Normal modes of ultra long waves in the atmosphere. Mon. Wea. Rev. 104, 669–690.
- 1984. On the non-hydrostatic equations in pressure and sigma coordinates. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc. 110, 515–533. and
- 1979. Geophysical fluid dynamics. Springer-Verlag, New York, 624 pp.
- 1966. The equations of motion for a shallow rotating atmosphere and the “traditional approximation”. J. Atmos. Sci. 23, 626–628.