Using an ensemble of climate projections for simulating recent and near-future hydrological change to lake Vänern in Sweden
Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2010
©2010 The Authors Tellus A©2010 International Meteorological Institute in Stockholm
Special Issue: SPECIAL ISSUE ON REGIONAL CLIMATE STUDIES USING THE SMHI-ROSSBY CENTRE MODELS
Volume 63, Issue 1, pages 126–137, January 2011
How to Cite
OLSSON, J., YANG, W., GRAHAM, L. P., ROSBERG, J. and ANDRÉASSON, J. (2011), Using an ensemble of climate projections for simulating recent and near-future hydrological change to lake Vänern in Sweden. Tellus A, 63: 126–137. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0870.2010.00476.x
- Issue online: 14 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 AUG 2010 01:26AM EST
- (Manuscript received 21 October 2009; in final form 6 July 2010)
- 2004. Hydrological change—climate change impact simulations for Sweden. Ambio. 33, 228–234. , , , and
- 1998. Modelling nitrogen transport and retention in the catchments of southern Sweden. Ambio. 27, 471–480. and
- 2005. Climate change impact on water quality: model results from southern Sweden. Ambio. 34, 559–566. , , , , and co-authors.
- 1976. Development and application of a conceptual runoff model for Scandinavian catchments. SMHI Reports Hydrology and Oceanography, No. 7, 134.
- 1992. The HBV model–its structure and applications. SMHI Reports Hydrology, No. 4, 35.
- 1992. Spillway design floods in Sweden. I: New guidelines. Hydrol. Sci. J. 37, 505–519. , and
- co-authors. 2001. Climate change impacts on runoff in Sweden–assessments by global climate models, dynamical downscaling and hydrological modelling. Climate Res. 16, 101–112. , , , , and
- 2007. Future flood risks around the big Swedish lakes. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Climate and Water (ed. M.Heinonen), Finnish Environment Institute, Helsinki , 63–68. , and
- 2007. An intercomparison of regional climate simulations for Europe: assessing uncertainties in model projections. Climatic Change 81, 53–70. , , , , and co-authors.
- 1999. Modelling runoff to the Baltic basin. Ambio. 28, 328–334. ,
- 2007a. Assessing climate change impacts on hydrology from an ensemble of regional climate models, model scales and linking methods—a case study on the Lule River Basin. Climatic Change 81, 293–307. , and
- 2007b. On interpreting hydrological change from regional climate models. Climatic Change 81, 97–122. , , and
- IPCC. 2007. Summary for Policymakers. In: Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (eds S.Solomon, D.Qin, M.Manning, Z.Chen, M.Marquis, K. B.Averyt, M.Tignor, and H. L.Miller), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge , United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA.
- 2007. An intercomparison of regional climate models for Europe: model performance in present-day climate. Climatic Change 81, 31–52. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2000. Areal precipitation and temperature in the Swedish mountains. An evaluation from a hydrological perspective. Nord. Hydrol. 31, 207–228.
- 2003. The influence of wind and topography on precipitation distribution in Sweden: statistical analysis and modelling. Int. J. Climatol. 23, 1523–1535. and
- 2010. 21st century changes in the European climate: uncertainties derived from an ensemble of regional climate model simulations. Tellus, this issue. , , , , and co-authors.
- 1967. On the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test for normality with mean and variance unknown. J. Am. Stat. Assoc. 62, 399–402.
- 1992. Transit times of water in soil lysimeters from modelling of oxygen-18. Water Air Soil Poll. 65, 83–100. and
- 1994. Conceptual Modelling of Evapotranspiration for Simulations of Climate Change Effects. SMHI Reports Hydrology, No. 10, Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute, Norrköping , Sweden , 25. , and ,
- 1997. Development and test of the distributed HBV-96 hydrological model. J. Hydrol. 201, 272–288. , , , and
- SOU. 2007. Sweden facing climate change: threats and opportunities. Final Report from the Swedish Commission on Climate and Vulnerability. Statens Offentliga Utredningar, 2007:60. Fritze , Stockholm .
- 2009. ENSEMBLES: climate change and its impacts: summary of research and results from the ENSEMBLES project. Met Office Hadley Centre, Exeter , UK , 160. and (eds.),
- 1995. Statistical Models in the Atmospheric Sciences. Academic, San Diego .
- 2010. Improved use of RCM simulations in hydrological climate change impact studies. Hydrol. Res. 41, 211–229. , , , , and