Regional climate modelling at the Rossby Centre
Article first published online: 14 DEC 2010
©2010 The Authors Tellus A©2010 International Meteorological Institute in Stockholm
Special Issue: SPECIAL ISSUE ON REGIONAL CLIMATE STUDIES USING THE SMHI-ROSSBY CENTRE MODELS
Volume 63, Issue 1, pages 1–3, January 2011
How to Cite
Jones, C. G., Samuelsson, P. and Kjellström, E. (2011), Regional climate modelling at the Rossby Centre. Tellus A, 63: 1–3. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0870.2010.00491.x
- Issue published online: 14 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 14 DEC 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 OCT 2010 04:55AM EST
- 2011. Assessment of climate change impact on water resources in the Pungwe river basin. Tellus 63A, 138–157. , and
- 2010. Climate change and the probability of wind damage in two Swedish forests. Forest Ecol Manage. 259, 818–830. , , and
- 2009. Impact of swell on simulations using a regional atmospheric climate model. Tellus 61A, 527–538. , and
- 2005. Statistical and dynamical downscaling of precipitation over Spain from DEMETER seasonal forecasts. Tellus 57A, 409–423. doi:10.1111/j.1600-0870.2005.00130.x , , , and
- 2002. The development of the regional coupled ocean-atmosphere model RCAO. Boreal Environ. Res. 7, 183–192. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2009. Quantifying Arctic contributions to climate predictability in a regional coupled ocean-ice-atmosphere model. Climate Dyn. 34, 1157–1176. doi:10.1007/s00382-009-0567-y. , , , and
- 2009. Addressing climate information needs at the regional level: the CORDEX framework. WMO Bull. 58(3), 175–183. , and
- 2009. Simulating river flow to the Baltic Sea from climate simulations over the past millennium. Boreal Env. Res. 14, 173–182. , , , , and co-author.
- co-authors. 2010. EC-Earth: a seamless earth system prediction approach in action. Bull. Am. Met. Soc., doi: 10.1175/2010BAMS2944.1, in press. , , , , and
- 2010. The probability distributions of land surface wind speeds over North America. J. Geophys. Res. 115, D04103. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2007. Climate sensitivity of Storglaciären, Sweden: an intercomparison of mass-balance models using ERA-40 re-analysis and regional climate model data. Ann. Glaciol. 46, 342–348. , and
- 2008. Climate change impact on atmospheric nitrogen deposition in Northwestern Europe: a model study. Ambio 37, 9–17. and
- 2010. Addressing Africa's climate change needs. European Publicservice Review 20, http://www.publicservice.co.uk/pub_selectissue.asp?publication=European%20Union and
- 2004. The Rossby Centre regional atmospheric climate model part I: model climatology and performance for the present climate over Europe. Ambio 33(4/5), 199–210. , , and
- 2011. Future climate impact on spruce bark beetle life-cycle in relation to uncertainties in regional climate model data ensembles. Tellus 63A, 158–173. and
- 2005. A 140-year simulation of European climate with the new version of the Rossby Centre regional atmospheric climate model (RCA3). Reports Meteorology and Climatology, 108, SMHI, SE-60176 Norrköping , Sweden , 54 pp. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2010. Simulated climate conditions in Europe during the Marine Isotope Stage 3 stadial. Boreas 39, 436–456. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2011. 21st century changes in the European climate: uncertainties derived from an ensemble of regional climate model simulations. Tellus 63A, 24–40. , , , and
- 2011. Ozone risk for vegetation in the future climate of Europe based on stomatal ozone uptake calculations. Tellus 63A, 174–187. , , , and
- 2011. Arctic future scenario experiments with a coupled regional climate model. Tellus 63A, 69–86. , and
- 2009. The surface radiation budget over North America: gridded data assessment and evaluation of regional climate models. Int. J. Climatol. 29, 2226–2240. , , and
- 2007. A strategy for climate change stabilization experiments with AOGCMs and ESMs. WCRP Informal Report 3/2007 ICPO Publication 112, IGBP Rep. 57, 35 pp. and
- 18 co-authors. 2010. The next generation of scenarios for climate change research and assessment. Nature 463, 747–756. and
- 2011. Evaluation and Future Projections of Temperature, Precipitation and Wind Extremes over Europe in an Ensemble of Regional Climate Simulations. Tellus 63A, 41–55. , , , and
- 2011. Using an ensemble of climate projections for simulating climate projections recent and near-future hydrological change to lake Vänern in Sweden. Tellus 63A, 126–137. , , , and
- 2007. Climate indices for vulnerability assessments. Report in Meteorology and Climatology 111. SMHI, SE-60176 Norrköping, Sweden, 64 pp. , , , and
- 2009. Impacts of changing frost regimes on Swedish forests: Incorporating cold hardiness in a regional ecosystem model. Ecol. Model., doi:10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2009.05.014, in press. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2010. State-of-the-art with regional climate models. WIRE (Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change) Advanced Review 1, 82–96. doi:10.1002/wcc.008
- 2001. A regional climate model for northern Europe: model description and results from the downscaling of two GCM control simulations. Climate Dyn. 17, 5–6, 339–359, doi:10.1007/S003820000109. , , , and co-authors.
- 2004 The Swedish Regional Climate Modelling Programme, SWECLIM: A Review. Ambio 33, 4/5, 176–182. , , , and
- 2011. The rossby centre regional climate model RCA3: Model description and performance. Tellus 63A, 4–23. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2008. Regional model simulation of North Atlantic cyclones: present climate and idealized response to increased sea surface temperature. J. Geophys. Res. 113, D02107, doi:10.1029/2006JD008213. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2011. A model of the coupled dynamics of climate, vegetation and terrestrial ecosystem biogeochemistry for regional applications. Tellus 63A, 87–106. , , and
- 2008. The impacts of climate change on hydrology in Ireland. J. Hydrol. 356, 28–45. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2011. High resolution regional simulation of last glacial maximum climate in Europe. Tellus 63A, 107–125. , , and
- SOU. 2007. Sweden facing climate change—threats and opportunities. Final report from the Swedish Commission on Climate and Vulnerability. Swedish Government Official Reports. SOU 2007:60.
- 2011. Summer soil-precipitation coupling in South America. Tellus 63A, 56–68. and
- 2010. Soil-precipitation feedbacks during the South American Monsoon as simulated by a regional climate model. Clim. Change 98, 429–447, doi:10.1007/s10584-009-9740-x. , , , and
- 2009a. An analysis of regional climate model performance over the tropical Americas. Part I: simulating seasonal variability of precipitation associated with ENSO forcing. Tellus 61A, 323–342. and
- 2009b. An analysis of regional climate model performance over the tropical Americas. Part II: simulating subseasonal variability of precipitation associated with ENSO forcing. Tellus 61A, 343–356. and
- Van Der Linden, P. and Mitchell, J.F.B. (eds) 2009. ENSEMBLES: Climate Change and its impacts: Summary of research and results from the ENSEMBLES project. Met Office Hadley Centre, Fitzroy Road, Exeter EX1 3PB, UK, 160 pp.