Methane release from Gulf coast wetlands
Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2010
1983 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 35B, Issue 1, pages 8–15, February 1983
How to Cite
DeLAUNE, R. D., SMITH, C. J. and PATRICK, W. H. (1983), Methane release from Gulf coast wetlands. Tellus B, 35B: 8–15. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0889.1983.tb00002.x
- Issue online: 18 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2010
- Manuscript received December 1, 1981; in final form February 22, 1982
- 1976. Methane production and distribution in a Georgia salt marsh. Est. Coastal Mar. Sci. 4, 677–686. and
- 1977. Methane flux from wetlands area. Tellus 29, 245–250. , and
- 1981. Effect of anhydrous ammonia fertilization on emission of nitrous oxide from soils. J. Environ. Qual. 10, 77–88. , and
- 1974. Interrelations between sulfate-reducing and methane-producing bacteria in bottom deposits of a fresh water lake. I. Field Observations, Ant. V. Leeuwenhoek J. Microbiol. Ser. 1.40, 285–295.
- 1981. Sources of atmospheric methane: Measurement in rice paddies and a discussion. J. Geophys. Res. 86, 7203–7204. and
- 1969. Reduction of sulfate to sulfide in waterlogged soils. Soil Sci. Soc. Amer. Proc. 33, 711–715. and
- 1966. Anaerobic oxidation of hydrocarbons by Desulfovibrio desulfuricans. Chem. Geol. 1, 137–144. and
- 1973. Community structure and carbon budget in a salt marsh and shallow bay estuarine system in Louisiana. Louisiana State University, Center for Wetland Resources, Baton Rouge, La., U.S.A.. , and
- 1978. Bacterial oxidation of methane in a rice paddy. Ecol. Bull. (Stockholm) 26, 91–96. , and
- 1972. Field studies of ethylene in the soil atmosphere—equipment and preliminary results. Soil. Biol. Biochem. 4, 325–331. , and
- 1974. The atmospheric cycle of methane. Tellus 26, 58–70.
- 1980. The role of methane in internal carbon cycling in Lake Mendota during summer stratification. Limnol. Oceanogr. 25, 357–360. , and
- 1979. Atmospheric cycles of trace gases containing carbon. In The global carbon cycle scope 13 (eds B.Bolin, E. T.Deyens, S.Kempe and P.Ketner). New York, U.S.A.: John Wiley and Sons, 101–128.
- 1978. Aboveground production of seven marsh plant species in coastal Louisiana. Ecology 59, 760–769. , and
- 1978. Methane release from soils of a Georgia salt marsh. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta. 42, 343–348. and
- 1980. Regulation of sulfate concentrations and methanogenesis in salt marsh soils. Est. Coastal Mar. Sci. 10, 215–223. and
- 1976. Primary production in a Louisiana gulf coast Spartina alterniflora marsh. Ecology 57, 1052–1059. and
- 1966. Depositional environments of the Mississippi River deltaic plain—southeastern Louisiana. In Deltas in their geologic framework, (ed. M. J.Shirley). Houston, Texas, U.S.A.: Houston Geol. Soc., 17–61. and
- 1963. Gaseous metabolism in lake sediments and paddy soils and the production of atmospheric methane and hydrogen. J. Geophys. Res. 68, 3971–3973.
- 1974. Methane production in the interstitial waters of sulfate-depleted marine sediments. Science 185, 1167–1169. and
- 1981. Nitrous oxide emissions from cropped fields. J. Environ. Qual. 10, 169–173. and
- 1975. Methane production in shallow-water, tropical marine sediments. Appl. Microbiol. 30, 602–608.
- 1976. Methane consumption in Cariaco trench waters and sediments. Earth Planet. Sci. Lett. 28, 337–344.
- 1974. Measurement of microbial oxidation of methane in lake water. Limnol. Oceanogr. 19, 519–524. , , and
- 1978. Methane cycling in a eutrophic shield lake and its effects on whole lake metabolism. Limnol. Oceanogr. 23, 337–348. and
- 1979. Methane cycling in aquatic environments. Adv. Aquat. Microbiol. 2, 77–150. and
- 1981. Methane production from acetate and associated methane fluxes from anoxic coastal sediments. Science 211, 707–709. and
- 1981. A method for determining stress in wetland plant communities following an oil spill. Environ. Pollut. 26, 297–304. , and
- 1977. Anthrospogenic CO emissions: Implications for the atmospheric CO-OH-CH4 cycle. Science 195, 673–675.
- 1974. Determination of sulfate in water samples. Sulfur Inst. J. 10, 11–13.
- 1975. A note on standing crops of Spartina alterniflora in Texas and Florida. Marine Sci. 19, 113–118. and
- 1974. Methane, carbon dioxide and dissolved sulfate from interstitial water of coastal marsh sediments. Est. Coastal Mar. Sci. 2, 407–415.
- 1978. Productivity and decomposition of the dominant salt marsh plants in Louisiana. Ecology 59, 751–759. , and
- 1977. Effect of sulfate on carbon and electron flow during microbial methano genesis in fresh water sediments. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 33, 281–295. and ,