Methane flux across the air-water interface: air velocity effects
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2010
1983 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 35B, Issue 2, pages 103–109, April 1983
How to Cite
SEBACHER, D. I., HARRISS, R. C. and BARTLETT, K. B. (1983), Methane flux across the air-water interface: air velocity effects. Tellus B, 35B: 103–109. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0889.1983.tb00014.x
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2010
- Manuscript received April 13; in final form August 12, 1982
- 1976. Methane production and distribution in a Georgia salt marsh. Estuarine and Coastal Mar. Sci. 4, 677–686. and
- 1977. Methane flux from wetland areas. Tellus 29, 245–250. , and
- 1974. Gas exchange rates between air and sea. Tellus 26, 21–35. and
- 1981. Sources of atmospheric methane: Measurements in rice paddies and a discussion. J. Geophys. Res. 86, 7203–7209. and
- 1943. Ebullition of gases from marshes and lake waters. Publ. 59, Chesapeake Biol. Lab., Solomons Island, Maryland.
- 1970. Gas-liquid reactions. McGraw Hill. 276 pp.
- 1981. Sea-air gas transfer: the wind speed dependence. Boundary-Layer Meteorol. 21, 31–37.
- 1955. Some factors affecting the rate of solution of oxygen in water. J. Appl. Chem. 5, 570–581. and
- 1978. Sources and sinks of atmospheric methane. Pure Appl. Geophys. 116, 452–464. and
- 1967. Diffusion coefficients of nitrogen and oxygen in water. J. Chem. and Eng. Data. 12, 111–115. and
- 1981. Methane flux in forested freshwater swamps in the southeastern United States. Geophys. Res. Lett. 8, 1002–1004. and
- 1969. Effects of hydration on carbon dioxide exchange across an air-water interface. J. Geophys. Res. 74, 456–464. and
- 1959. Turbulence: An introduction to its mechanism and theory. New York: McGraw-Hill, 586 pp.
- 1963. On the exchange of gases between the atmosphere and the sea. Deep-Sea Res. 10, 195–207.
- 1963. Gaseous metabolism in lake sediments and paddy soils and the production of methane and hydrogen. J. Geophys. Res. 68, 3971–3973.
- 1958. Principles of heat transfer. Scranton, PA: International Textbook Co., 553 pp.
- 1973. Processes of gas exchange across an air-water interface. Deep-Sea Res. 20, 221–238.
- 1974. Flux of gases across the air-sea interface. Nature 247, 181–184. and
- 1974. Atmospheric homestasis by and for the biosphere: the GAIA hypothesis. Tellus 26, 2–9. and
- 1980. A simple chamber technique for field measurements of emissions of nitrous oxide from soils. J. Environ. Qual. 9, 251–256. , and
- 1980. Biogeochemical cycling in an organic-rich coastal marine basin (I). Marine sediment-water exchange processes. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta. 44, 471–490. and
- 1971. Gas chromatographic determination of solute by multiple phase equilibration. Chem. Technol. 1, 46–51.
- 1970. Mechanisms of transport from the atmosphere to the Earth's surface. J. Geophys. Res. 75, 3013–3019. and
- 1979. Radon evasion rates in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans as determined during the Geosecs program. J. Geophys. Res. 84, 2471–2486. , , and
- 1968. Boundary-layer theory, 6th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 747 pp.
- 1978. Airborne nondispersive infrared monitor for atmospheric trace gases. Rev. Sci. Instrum. 49, 1520–1525.
- 1980. A continuous sampling and analysis system for monitoring methane fluxes from soil and water surfaces to the atmosphere. 73rd Ann. Meet. Air Pollut. Control Assoc, Montreal, Quebec, Paper 80–39.4, 16 pp. and
- 1982. A system for measuring methane fluxes from inland and coastal wetland environments. J. Environ. Qual. 11, 34–37. and
- 1980. Field measurements of N2O release rates from soils. 73rd Ann. Meet. Air Pollut. Control Assoc., Montreal, Quebec, Paper 8039.7, 16 pp. and
- 1979. Heat transfer through the thermal skin of a cooling pond with waves. J. Geophys. Res. 84, 3696–3700.