Biospheric CO2 emissions during the past 200 years reconstructed by deconvolution of ice core data
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2010
1987 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 39B, Issue 1-2, pages 140–154, February-April 1987
How to Cite
SIEGENTHALER, U. and OESCHGER, H. (1987), Biospheric CO2 emissions during the past 200 years reconstructed by deconvolution of ice core data. Tellus B, 39B: 140–154. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0889.1987.tb00278.x
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2010
- Manuscript received August 8; in final form August 21, 1986
- 1981. Numerical evaluation of the evasion factor. In Carbon cycle modelling (ed. B.Bolin). Scope 13. Wiley, 95–101.
- 1986. How much CO2 will remain in the atmosphere? The carbon cycle and projections for the future. In The greenhouse effect, climatic change and ecosystems (eds. B.Bolin, J.Jäger, B. R.Döös and R. A.Warrick). Scope 29. Chichester: J. Wiley & Sons, in press.
- 1958. On the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Tellus 10, 243–248.
- 1986. Input of excess CO2 to the surface ocean based on 13C/12C ratios in a banded Jamaican sclerosponge. Nature 321, 58–61. and
- 1983. On the radiocarbon record in banded corals: exchange parameters and net transport of 14CO2 between atmosphere and surface ocean. J. Geophys. Res. 88, 1271–1280. and
- 1984. Modeling terrestrial ecosystems in the global carbon cycle with shifts in carbon storage capacity by land-use change. Ecology 65, 970–983. , , and
- 1986. Interpretation of the northern hemisphere record of 13C/12C trends of atmospheric CO2 in tree-rings. In The changing carbon cycle: a global analysis (eds. J. R.Trabalka and D. E.Reichle). Springer, 125–150.
- 1986. Ice core record of the 13C/12C ratio of atmospheric carbon dioxide in the past two centuries. Nature, in press. , , , and
- 1978. On a geophysical model of the global CO2 cycle (in German). Master's thesis, Physics Institute, University of Bern.
- 1985. Carbon dioxide exchange between the atmosphere and terrestrial biosphere. In Atmospheric carbon dioxide and the global carbon cycle (ed. J. R.Trabalka). US Dept. of Energy, DOE/ER-0239, 113–140. , , and
- 1976. Atmospheric carbon dioxide variations at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii. Tellus 28, 538–551. , , , , , and
- 1979. Recent trends in the 13C/12C ratio of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Nature 217, 121–123. , and
- 1980. Predicted shift in the 13C/12C ratio of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Geophys. Res. Lett. 7, 505–508. , and
- 1987. Modelling stimulation of plants and ecosystem response to present levels of excess atmospheric CO2. Tellus 39B, 155–170. , , , and
- 1986. 13C in atmospheric CO2. Neth. J. Sea Res., in press.
- 1983. The N2O correction in the carbon and oxygen isotopic analysis of atmospheric CO2. Isotope Geosci., 237–242. and
- 1983. Seasonal, latitudinal and secular variations in the abundance and isotopic ratios of atmospheric carbon dioxide. J. Geophys. Res. 88, 10915–10933. , , and
- 1985. Evidence from polar ice cores for the increase in atmospheric CO2 in the past two centuries. Nature 315, 45–47. , , and
- 1978. A 200 year record of carbon-13 and carbon-14 variations in a Bermuda coral. Geophys. Res. Lett. 5, 825–828. , , and
- 1983. Uncertainties of predictions of future atmospheric CO2 concentrations. J. Geophys. Res. 88, 1258–1262. and
- 1975. A box diffusion model to study the carbon dioxide exchange in nature. Tellus 27, 168–192. , , and
- 1986. Global transport and inter-reservoir exchange of carbon dioxide with particular reference to stable isotopic distributions. J. Atmos. Chem. 4, 81–124. and
- 1986. Evidence of changing concentrations of atmospheric CO2, N2O and CH4 from air bubbles in Antarctic ice. Nature 320, 248–250. , , and
- 1985. Atmospheric CO2 variations based on the tree-ring 13C record. In The carbon cycle and atmospheric CO2: natural variations archean to present (eds. E. T.Sundquist and W. S.Broecker). Geophys. Monograph 32, Am. Geophys. Union, 123–131.
- 1979. Radon evasion rates in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans as determined during the GEOSECS program. J. Geophys. Res. 84, 2471–2486. , , and
- 1985. An Antarctic ice core reveals atmospheric CO2 variations over the past few centuries. Nature 315, 309–311. and
- 1984. Production of CO2 from fossil fuel burning by fuel type, 1860–1982. Report NDP-006, Carbon Dioxide Information Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory. and
- 1983. Uptake of excess CO2 by an outcrop-diffusion model of the ocean. J. Geophys. Res. 88, 3599–3608.
- 1984. 19th century measurements of atmospheric CO2—a comment. Clim. Change 6, 409–411.
- 1986. Carbon dioxide: its natural cycle and anthropogenic perturbation. In The rôle of air-sea exchange in geochemical cycling (ed. P.Buat-Ménard). Reidel, 209–247.
- 1981. 13C/12C fractionation during CO2 transfer from air to sea. In Carbon cycle modelling (ed. B.Bolin). Scope 16. Wiley, 249–258. and
- 1978. Model responses of the atmospheric CO2 level and 13C/12C ratio to biogenic CO2 input. In Carbon dioxide, climate and society (ed. J.Williams). Pergamon Press, 79–87. , and
- 1985. Gaseous components in the atmosphere and the historic record revealed by ice cores. Ann. Glaciol. 7, 54–59. and
- 1984. Core processing and first analysis of ice cores from Siple and South Pole Stations. Antarc. J. U.S. 19, No. 5, 59–60. and
- 1981. Atmospheric 14C changes resulting from fossil fuel CO2 release and cosmic ray flux variability. Earth Planet. Sci. Lett. 53, 349–362. and
- 1984. 13C/12C ratios in tree rings and the transfer of biospheric carbon to the atmosphere. J. Geophys. Res. 89, 11731–11748. , and
- 1981. 13C/12C of industrial CO2. In Carbon cycle modelling (ed. B.Bolin). Scope 16. Wiley, 127–129.
- 1980. Past atmospheric CO2 levels and the 13C/12C ratios in tree rings. Tellus 32, 268–283. and
- 1985. Kinetic fractionation of the carbon isotopes 13C and 12C during transfer of CO2 from air to seawater. Tellus 37B, 128–135.