pCO2 and δ13C in the air and surface sea water in the western North Pacific
Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2010
1987 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 39B, Issue 1-2, pages 228–242, February-April 1987
How to Cite
INOUE, H., SUGIMURA, Y. and FUSHIMI, K. (1987), pCO2 and δ13C in the air and surface sea water in the western North Pacific. Tellus B, 39B: 228–242. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0889.1987.tb00285.x
- Issue online: 18 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2010
- Manuscript received November 26, 1985; in final form April 8, 1986
- 1968. Partial pressure of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and in sea water over the western North Pacific Ocean. Oceanogr. Mag. 20, 133–146.
- 1963. Large scale atmospheric mixing as deduced from the seasonal and meridional variations of carbon dioxide. J. Geophys. Res. 68, 3899–3920. and
- 1963. Effect of atmospheric N2O on the measured isotopic composition of atmospheric CO2. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 27, 549–551. and
- 1983. The global distribution of atmospheric carbon dioxide. 2. A review of provisional background observations, 1979–1980. J. Geophys. Res. 88, 3591–3598. , and
- 1986. Variation of carbon dioxide partial pressure in the western North Pacific surface water during the 1982/83 El Niño Event. Tellus 39B, 214–227.
- 1973. The effect of temperature on carbon dioxide partial pressure in sea water. Mar. Chem. 1, 317–322. and
- 1973. Carbon dioxide partial pressure in North Pacific surface waters. 2. General late summer distribution. Mar. Chem. 1, 191–198. , , and
- 1983. On the variability of atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration at Barrow, Alaska during winter. J. Geophys. Res. 88, 6858–6864. and
- 1985a. Carbon isotopic fractionation during the CO2 exchange process between air and sea water under equilibrium and kinetic conditions. Geochim. Cosmochim. Ada 49, 2453–2460. and
- 1985b. Distributions of pCO2 and δ13C in the air and surface sea water in the Southern Ocean, south of Australia. Mem. Natl. Inst. Polar Res. Special Issue no. 40, 454–461. and
- 1985c. The carbon isotopic ratio of atmospheric carbon dioxide at Tsukuba, Japan. J. Atmos. Chem. 2, 331–344. and
- 1958. The concentration and isotopic abundance of carbon dioxide in rural areas. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 13, 322–334.
- 1961. The concentration and isotopic abundance of carbon dioxide in rural and marine air. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 24, 277–334.
- 1968. Carbon dioxide in surface ocean waters. 4. Global distribution. J. Geophys. Res. 73, 4543–4553.
- 1983. The global carbon cycle: what we know and could know from atmospheric, biospheric, and oceanic observations. Proceedings: Carbon Cycle Research Conference: Carbon dioxide Science and Consensus, pp. II-3–II-672. Natl. Tech. Inform. Serv. Springfield, Va.
- 1984. Seasonal, latitudinal, and secular variations in the abundance and isotope ratios of atmospheric CO2. 2. Results from oceanographic cruises in the tropical Pacific Ocean. J. Geophys. Res. 89, 4615–4628. , and
- 1979. Recent trend in the 13C/12C ratio of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Nature 277, 121–123. , and
- 1985. Global atmospheric CO2 distribution and variations from 1968–1982 NOAA/GMCC flask sample data. J. Geophys. Res. 90, 5567–5596. , , , , , and
- 1974. Correlations between 13C and E CO2 in surface waters and atmospheric CO2. Earth planet. Sci. Lett. 22, 397–403.
- 1985. The distribution of 13C of CO2 in the world oceans. Deep-Sea Res. 32, 57–84.
- 1969. Carbon dioxide in surface water and atmosphere in the Pacific, the Indian and Antarctic Ocean areas. Rec. Oceanogr. Wks. Japan 10, 23–28. and
- 1974. The carbon dioxide content in the surface waters in the Pacific Ocean. Rec. Oceanogr. Wks. Japan 12, 45–52. , and
- 1983. Seasonal, latitudinal, and secular variations in the abundance and isotopic ratios of atmospheric carbon dioxide. 1. Results from land stations. J. Geophys. Res. 88, 10915–10933. , , and
- 1983. The N2O correction in the carbon and oxygen isotopic analysis of atmospheric CO2. Isotope Geosci. 1, 237–242. and
- 1983. The global distribution of atmospheric carbon dioxide: 1. Aspects of observations and modeling. J. Geophys. Res. 88, 3581–3590. , and
- 1984. The increase in oceanic carbon dioxide and the net CO2 flux into the North Atlantic. J. Geophys. Res. 89, 8181–8193. and
- 1977. Carbon dioxide concentrations over a native land in Saskatchewan. Tellus 29, 54–65. and
- 1979. Carbon dioxide in the ocean surface: the homogeneous buffer factor. Science 204, 1203–1205. , and
- 1961. Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and in the Atlantic Ocean water. J. Geophys. Res. 66, 477–494.
- 1980. Carbonate chemistry of the surface waters of the world oceans. In Isotope marine chemistry (ed. E. D.Goldberg). Tokyo/Japan: Uchida Rokakuho, 291–326. , , and
- 1983. Geographical, seasonal, and secular variations of the partial pressure of CO2 in the surface waters of the North Atlantic ocean. The results of the Atlantic TTO program. In Carbon dioxide, science and consensus (CONF-820970). Institute for Energy Analysis, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Washington, DC, 123–145. , and
- 1981. The temporal and spatial distribution of tropospheric nitrous oxide. J. Geophys. Res. 86, 7185–7195.
- 1982. Seasonal effects of temperature and salinity on the partial pressure of CO2 in sea water. Nature 300, 511–513. , and