Coastal Antarctic aerosol: the seasonal pattern of its chemical composition and radionuclide content
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2010
1988 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 40B, Issue 5, pages 426–436, November 1988
How to Cite
WAGENBACH, D., GÖRLACH, U., MOSER, K. and MÜNNICH, K. O. (1988), Coastal Antarctic aerosol: the seasonal pattern of its chemical composition and radionuclide content. Tellus B, 40B: 426–436. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0889.1988.tb00114.x
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2010
- Manuscript received 29 November 1987; in final form 6 May 1988
- 1986. The ocean as a source of atmospheric sulfur compounds. In The role of air-sea exchange in geochemical cycling (ed. P.Buat-Menard). Dordrecht, Holland: D. Reidel, NATO ASI series C, 185, 331–361.
- 1982. Snow chemistry on James Ross Island (Antarctic Peninsula). J. Geophys. Res. 87, 11004–11012. , and
- 1984. The observatory of the Georg von Neumayer station. Report on Polar Research. Bremerhaven, special issue no. 5.
- 1983. Aerosol measurements at four background sites. J. Geophys. Res. 88, 10753–10768.
- 1986. Aerosol measurements at the South Pole. Tellus 38B, 223–235. , , , and
- 1983. The occurence of lead in Antarctic recent snow, firn deposited over the last two centuries and prehistoric ice. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta. 47, 1355–1368. and
- 1987. Relative levels of natural and anthropogenic lead in recent Antarctic snow. J. Geophys. Res. 92, 8454–8464. and
- 1981. The chemical composition of remote area aerosols. J. Aerosol Sci. 4, 367–384. and
- 1984. Soluble and insoluble inpurities along the 950 m deep Vostok ice core (Antarctica), climatic implications. J. Atmos. Chem. 1, 215–239. , , , , and
- 1982. Gas-derived aerosol in central Antarctic snow and ice: the case of sulphuric and nitric acids. Ann. Glaciol. 3, 71–76. , and
- 1985. Trace elements in Antarctic air and snowfall. Ann. Glaciol. 7, 12–19. and
- 1985. Stratospheric and tropospheric components of 7Be in surface air. J. Geophys. Res. 90, 5783–5788. and
- 1986. Seasonal estimates of global atmospheric sea-salt distributions. J. Geophys. Res. 91, 1067–1072. , and
- 1984. Marine and non-marine contribution to the chemical composition of snow at the Riiser Larsenisen ice shelf in Antarctica. Atmos. Environ. 18, 825–830.
- 1988. The seasonal variation of atmospheric lead, zinc and manganese in coastal Antarctica (in German). PhD thesis, University of Heidelberg, FRG.
- 1984. The ionic balance of Antarctic snow: a 10 year detailed record. Atmos. Environ. 18, 1867–1874. and
- 1986. Relative contribution of tropospheric and stratospheric sources to nitrate in Antarctic snow. Tellus 38B, 236–249. and
- 1979a. Concentration and size distribution of particulate trace elements in the South Pole atmosphere. J. Geophys. Res. 84, 2421–2431. , , and
- 1979b. Radionuclides in the South Pole atmosphere. J. Geophys. Res. 84, 3131–3138. , and
- 1982. Microparticle analysis of the Ross ice shelf Q-13 core and preliminary results from the J-9 core. Ann. Glaciol. 3, 211–215. and
- 1982. Preliminary investigations on accumulation at the Filchner/Ronne ice-shelve and Atka bay. Ann. Glaciol. 3, 274–278. , , and
- 1986. Methanesulfonic acid and non-sea-salt sulfate in Pacific air: Regional and seasonal variations. J. Atmos. Chem. 4, 227–240. , , and
- 1981. Size distribution of 210Pb aerosols over oceans. Geophys. Res. Let. 8, 1067–1069. , and
- 1985. Measurement of stratosphere to troposphere exchange in Antarctica by using short-lived cosmonuclides. Tellus 37B, 109–115. , and
- 1985. The Georg von Neumayer Antarctic Research station. J. Meteorology UK. 10, 96.
- 1979. Considerations on the origin and properties of the Antarctic aerosol. Rev. Geophys. Space Phys. 17, 1983–1998.
- 1980. The distribution of beryllium-7 in the troposphere: Implications on stratospheric/tropospheric air exchange. Geophys. Res. Let. 7, 805–808. and
- 1983. Langzeitmessung atmosphärischer Spurenstoffe an Luft- und Firnproben im Bereich der Georg von Neumayer Station. Reports on Polar Research, No 13. Alfred-Wegener-Institut für Polarforschung, Bremerhaven, 36–44. , and
- 1985. Closer to true value for heavy metal concentrations in recent Antarctic snow by improved contamination control. Ann. Glaciol. 7, 61–65. and
- 1986. Nitrate flux on the Ross ice shelf, Antarctica and its relation to solar cosmic rays. Geophys. Res. Let. 13, 1264–1267. , and