Seasonal sources and sinks of atmospheric CO2 Direct inversion of filtered data
Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2010
1989 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 41B, Issue 2, pages 111–126, April 1989
How to Cite
Enting, I. G. and Mansbridge, J. V. (1989), Seasonal sources and sinks of atmospheric CO2 Direct inversion of filtered data. Tellus B, 41B: 111–126. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0889.1989.tb00129.x
- Issue online: 18 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2010
- Received 2 March 1988; 11 July 1988
- 1987. Boreal forests and atmosphere-biosphere exchange of carbon dioxide. Nature 329, 321–323. , and
- 1988. Acidification in Australia. In: Acidification in tropical countries. SCOPE report no. 36 (eds. H.Rodhe and R.Herrera). Chichester: John Wiley, 347–402. and
- Bodhaine, B. A. and Harris, J. M. (eds.) 1982. Geophysical monitoring for climatic change. Summary Report no. 10 1981. US Dept. Commerce.
- 1963. Large-scale atmospheric mixing as deduced from the seasonal and meridional variations of carbon dioxide. J. Geophys. Res. 68, 3899–3920. and
- 1980. Modeling the carbon system. Radiocarbon 22, 565–598. , and
- 1986. Inverse Problems in Astronomy. Bristol: Adam Hilger. and
- 1987. Role of the tropics in atmospheric chemistry. In: The geophysiology of Amazonia (ed. R. E.Dickinson). New York: John Wiley, 107–130.
- 1974. Studies of interhemispheric exchange by a diffusion model. Adv. Geophys 18B, 57–72. and
- 1985. An estimate of the biotic contribution to the atmospheric CO2 increase based on direct measurements at Mauna Loa observatory. J. Geophys. Res. 90D, 3741–3746. , and
- 1984. Techniques for determining surface sources from surface observations of atmospheric constituents. CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research, Technical Paper 5.
- 1985a. A classification of some inverse problems in geochemical modelling. Tellus 37B, 216–229.
- 1985b. Green's functions and response functions in geochemical modelling. PAGEOPH 123, 328–343.
- 1986. A signal processing approach to analysing background atmospheric constituent data. CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research, Technical Paper 13.
- 1987. The interannual variation in the seasonal cycle of carbon dioxide concentration at Mauna Loa. J. Geophys. Res. 92, 5497–5504.
- 1986. Description of a two-dimensional atmospheric transport model. CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research, Technical Paper 11.. and
- 1987a. Preliminary studies with a two-dimensional model using transport fields derived from a GCM. CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research, Technical Paper 14. and
- 1987b. The incompability of ice-core CO2 data with reconstructions of biotic CO2 sources. Tellus 39B, 318–325. and
- 1987c. Inversion relations for the deconvolution of CO2 data from ice-cores. Inverse Problems 3, L63–69. and
- 1987. The use of observations in calibrating and validating carbon cycle models. In: The changing carbon cycle: a global analysis (eds. J. R.Trabalka and D. E.Reichle). New York: Springer Verlag, 425–458. and
- 1985. Cape Grim isotope measurements — a preliminary assessment. J. Atmos. Chem. 3, 247–260.
- 1988. A southern view of the global atmosphere. Proc. Roy. Soc. Tas. (in press). , and
- 1983. Three-dimensional tracer model study of atmospheric CO2: response to seasonal exchanges with the terrestrial biosphere. J. Geophys. Res. 88C, 1281–1294. , , , and
- 1986. Analysis of the seasonal and geographical pattern of atmospheric CO2 distributions with a three-dimensional tracer model. In: The changing carbon cycle: a global analysis (eds. J.Trabalka and D. E.Reichle). New York: Springer Verlag, 459–473.
- Harris, J. M. and Nickerson, E. C., (eds.) 1984. Geophysical monitoring for climate change. Summary Report no. 12 1983. Washington: US Dept. Commerce.
- 1986. Meridional eddy diffusion model of the transport of atmospheric carbon dioxide. 1. Seasonal carbon cycle over the tropical Pacific Ocean. J. Geophys. Res. 91D, 7765–7781. and
- 1986. Simulating the atmospheric carbon dioxide distribution with a three-dimensional tracer model. In: The changing carbon cycle: a global analysis (eds. J. R.Trabalka and D. E.Reichle). New York: Springer Verlag, 16–49. , and
- 1983. Changes in the carbon content of terrestrial biota and soils between 1860 and 1980: A net release of CO2 to the atmosphere. Ecol. Monog. 53, 235–262. , , , , , and
- 1985. Net flux of carbon dioxide from tropical forests in 1980. Nature 316, 617–620. , , , , , , and
- 1980. A two-dimensional transport simulation model for trace atmospheric constituents. J. Geophys. Res. 85C, 4443–4455. , and
- 1986. Meridional eddy diffusion model of the transport of atmospheric carbon dioxide. 2. Mean annual carbon cycle. J. Geophys. Res. 91D, 7782–7796. and
- 1985. Global atmospheric CO2 distribution and variations from 1968-1982 NOAA/GMCC CO2 flask sample data. J. Geophys. Res. 90D, 5567–5596. , , , , , and
- 1980. Recent results from studies of carbon cycling in the biosphere, pp. 3–4 of Carbon Dioxide Effects Research and Assessment Program. Proceedings of the Carbon Dioxide and Climate Research Program Conference. Report Conf-8004110 (Washington: US Dept of Energy).
- 1981. A two-dimensional model of stratospheric chemistry and transport. J. Geophys. Res. 86C, 12039–12065. , , , and
- 1985. Evidence from polar ice cores for the increase in atmospheric CO2 in the past two centuries. Nature 315, 45–47. , , and
- 1988. Inverse problems in atmospheric constituent studies: I Determination of surface sources under a diffusive transport approximation. Inverse problems (in press). and
- 1983. Global atmospheric circulation statistics, 1958–1973. NOAA Professional Paper 14. Washington: U.S. Department of Commerce.
- 1980. Activities of the global biosphere as reflected in atmospheric CO2 records. J. Geophys. Res. 85C, 4468–4474. and
- 1981. The annual variation of atmospheric CO2 concentration observed in the northern hemisphere. J. Geophys. Res. 86C, 9839–9843. and
- 1986. Global transport and inter-reservoir exchange of carbon dioxide with particular reference to stable isotopic distributions. J. Atmos. Chem. 4, 81–124. and
- 1983. The global distribution of atmospheric carbon dioxide: 1. Aspects of observations and modeling. J. Geophys. Res. 88C, 3581–3590. and
- 1987. The zonally-averaged transport characteristics of the GFOF general circulation/transport model. J. Atmos. Sci. 44, 298–327. and
- 1976. The climate of Brazil. In: World survey of climatology, vol 12. Climates of Central and South America (ed. W.Scherdfeger). Amsterdam: Elsevier, 219–293.
- 1983. Distribution of and changes in industrial carbon dioxide production. J. Geophys. Res. 88C, 1301–1308.
- 1987. Biospheric CO2 emissions during the past 200 years reconstructed by deconvolution of ice-core data. Tellus 39B, 140–154. and
- 1976. The climate of northern South America. In: World survey of climatology, vol 12. Climates of central and South America (ed. W.Scherdferger). Amsterdam: Elsevier, 295–403.
- 1969. Climate of Indonesia. In: World survey of Climatology, vol 8. Climates of northern and eastern Asia (ed. H.Arakawa). Amsterdam: Elsevier, 215–229.
- 1987. Seasonal variation of CO2 chemistry in the North Pacific ocean: Implications for the CO2-induced climate change. CDIAC Communications Summer 1987, (Oak Ridge, Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Centre, ORNL), 3–5.
- 1986. Inter-annual variation of atmospheric CO2 concentration. J. Atmos. Chem. 4, 125–155. , , and