Sea water fugacity of CO2 at the PIRATA mooring at 6°S, 10°W
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2010
©2010 The Authors Tellus B©2010 International Meteorological Institute in Stockholm
Special Issue: SPECIAL ISSUE WITH MANUSCRIPTS PRESENTED AT THE 8TH INTERNATIONAL CARBON DIOXIDE CONFERENCE, ICDC8, IN JENA, GERMANY 13-19 SEPTEMBER 2009
Volume 62, Issue 5, pages 636–648, November 2010
How to Cite
PARARD, G., LEFÈVRE, N. and BOUTIN, J. (2010), Sea water fugacity of CO2 at the PIRATA mooring at 6°S, 10°W. Tellus B, 62: 636–648. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0889.2010.00503.x
- Issue online: 20 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 AUG 2010 12:00AM EST
- (Manuscript received 22 December 2009; in final form 6 August 2010)
- 1986. CO2 fluxes in the tropical Atlantic during FOCAL cruises. J. Geophys. Res. 91, 11741–11755. , , and
- 2003. Seasonal and interannual variation in the hydrography of the Cariaco Basin: implications for basin ventilation. Continental Shelf Res. 23, 125–144. , and
- 2005. fCO2 variability at the CARIACO tropical coastal upwelling Time Series Station. Mar. Chem. 97, 245–261. , , , and
- 2001. Variability of surface water fCO2 during seasonal upwelling in the equatorial Atlantic Ocean as observed by a drifting buoy. J. Geophys. Res. 106, 9241–9253. , , and
- 1999. The dependence on temperature and salinity of dissolved inorganic carbon in East Atlantic surface waters. Mar. Chem. 65, 263–280. , and
- 1978. Guinea Current upwelling. Nature 271, 147–150.
- 1996. Seasonal and interannual variability of oceanic carbon dioxide species at the US JGOFS Bermuda Atlantic Time-series Study (BATS) site. Deep Sea Res. Part II: Topical Stud. Oceanogr. 43, 347–383. , and
- 1998. Variability of pCO2 on diel to seasonal timescales in the Sargasso Sea near Bermuda. . Geophys. Res. 103, 15567–15585. , , and
- 2000. Intercomparison of shipboard and moored CARIOCA buoy seawater fCO2 measurement in Saragossa Sea. Mar. Chem. 72, 239–255. , , and
- 2007. Observations: oceanic climate change and sea level. In: Climate Change: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of working group 1 to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergouvernmental Panel on Climate Change (eds S.Solomon, D.Quin, M.Manning, Z.Chen, M.Marquis and co-authors), Cambridge Univeristy Press, Cambridge , United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA, 385–432. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2008. THE PIRATA PROGRAM: history, Accomplishments, and Future Directions. Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 89, 1111–1125. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2009. New in situ estimates of carbon biological production rates in the Southern Ocean from CARIOCA drifter measurements. Geophys. Res. Lett. 36, 1–6. and
- 2004. Mixed layer depth over the global ocean: an examination of profile data and a profile-based climatology. J. Geophys. Res. 109, C12003, doi: 10.1029/2004JC002378. , , , and
- 2009. Sensors and systems for in situ observations of marine CO2 system variables. In: Proceedings of the OceanObs09, Venice, Italy, September 21–25, 2009. Available at: http://www.oceanobs09.net/. , , , , and co-authors.
- 1997. Moorings and drifters for real-time interdisciplinary oceanography. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 14, 1199–1211. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2004. Variability of the partial pressure of CO2 on diel to annual time scales in the Northwestern Mediterranean Sea. Mar. Chem. 85, 169–189. , and
- 1987. A comparison of the equilibrium constants for the dissociation of carbonic acid in seawater media. Deep Sea Res. Part A. Oceanogr. Res. Papers 34, 1733–1743. and
- 1973. Production primaire, biomasse du phytoplancton et du zooplancton dans l’Atlantique tropical sud, le long du méridien 4°W. Ser. Océanogr. 11, 419–429. and
- 2003. Seasonal and interannual variability of sea-surface carbon dioxide species at the European Station for Time Series in the Ocean at the Canary Islands (ESTOC) between 1996 and 2000. Global Biogeochem. Cycles 17, 1076. , , , and
- 2003. Sources of the equatorial undercurrent in the Atlantic in a high-resolution ocean model. J. Phys. Oceanogr. 33, 677–693. , and
- 2001. Annual to interannual variations of fCO2 in the northwestern Mediterranean Sea: high frequency time series data from CARIOCA buoys (1995–1997). J. Mar. Res. 59, 113–131. and
- 2010. Surface CO2 parameters and air-sea CO2 flux distribution in the eastern equatorial Atlantic. J. Mar. Syst. 82, 135–144. , , and
- 2003. A significant CO2 sink in the tropical Atlantic Ocean associated with the Amazon River plume. Geophys. Res. Lett. 30, 2287.
- 2008. Seasonal cycle of O2 and pCO2 in the central Labrador Sea: atmospheric, biological, and physical implications. Global Biogeochem. Cycles 22, 1–16. , , , and
- 2009. Low CO2 concentrations in the Gulf of Guinea during the upwelling season in 2006. Mar. Chem. 113, 93–101.
- 1993. A new optical sensor for pCO2 measurement. Mar. Chem. 42, 189–198. , , , , and co-authors.
- 1998. Variability of pCO2 in tropical Atlantic in 1995. J. Geophys. Res. 103, 5623–5634. , , , and
- 2008. Variability of fCO2 in the Eastern Tropical Atlantic from a moored buoy. J. Geophys. Res. 113, 1–12. , , and
- 2010. Origin of CO2 undersaturations in the western tropical Atlantic. Tellus B, doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0889.2010.00475.x. , and
- 2009. Diurnal carbon cycling in the surface ocean and lower atmosphere of Santa Monica Bay, California. Geophys. Res. Lett. 36, 1–5. , , , and
- 1973. Measurements of the apparent dissociation constants of carbonic acid in seawater of atmospheric pressure. Lymnol. Oceanogr. 18, 897–907. , and
- 2009. Mesoscale and diel to monthly variability of CO2 and carbon fluxes at the ocean surface in the northeastern Atlantic. J. Geophys. Res.-Oceans 114, 1–17. , , and
- 1995. Measurements of atmospheric and oceanic CO2 in the tropical Atlantic: 10 years after the 1982–1984 FOCAL cruises. Tellus 47B, 70–85. , and
- 2009. An autonomous instrument for time series analysis of TCO2 from oceanographic moorings. Deep Sea Res. Part I: Oceanogr. Res. Papers 56, 1590–1603. and
- 2009. OceanSITES. In: Proceedings of the OceanObs09, Venice, Italy, September 21–25, 2009. Available at: http://www.oceanobs09.net/. , , , , and co-authors.
- 1999. The mean flow field of the tropical Atlantic Ocean. Deep-sea Res. II 46, 279–303. and
- 2007. Constrainning global air-sea gas exchange for CO2 with recent bomb 14C measurements. Global Biogeochim. Cycles 21, 1–10. , , , , and co-authors.
- 1993. Seasonal variation of CO2 and nutrients in the high-latitude surface oceans: a comparative study. Global Biogeochem. Cycles 7, 843–878. , , , and
- 2009. Climatological mean and decadal change in surface ocean pCO2, and net sea–air CO2 flux over the global oceans. Deep-Sea Res. Part II 56, 554–577. , , , , and co-authors.
- 2000. A seasonal tropical sink for atmospheric CO2 in the Atlantic Ocean: the role of the Amazon River discharge. Mar. Chem. 68, 183–201. , , and
- 1998. A practical guide to wavelet analysis. Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 79, 61–78. and
- 1979. The use of the salinity maximum of the Equatorial Undercurrent for estimating nutrient enrichment and primary production in the Gulf of Guinea. Deep Sea Res. Part A. Oceanogr. Res. Papers 26, 77–83. and
- 1982. Primary production in the Tropical Atlantic ocean mapped from oxygen values of equalant 1 and 2 (1963). Bull. Mar. Sci. 31, 853–863. and
- 1974. CO2 in water and seawater: the solubility of a non ideal gas. Mar. Chem. 2, 203–215.
- 1980. Nitrous oxide solubility of a non ideal gas. Mar. Chem. 8, 347–359. and