Notes on Sources: The articles in this report are based on the reference tables in the 2003 OPTN/SRTR Annual Report, which are not included in this publication. Many relevant data appear in figures and tables included here; other tables from the Annual Report that serve as the basis for this article include the following: Tables 1.1, 1.2, 2.1–2.4, 2.8, 2.9, and 3.1–3.18. All of these tables are also available online at http://www.ustransplant.org.
Organ donation and utilization in the USA
Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2004
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 4, Issue Supplement s9, pages 27–37, April 2004
How to Cite
Ojo, A. O., Heinrichs, D., Emond, J. C., McGowan, J. J., Guidinger, M. K., Delmonico, F. L. and Metzger, R. A. (2004), Organ donation and utilization in the USA. American Journal of Transplantation, 4: 27–37. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6135.2004.00396.x
Funding: The Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR) is funded by contract #231-00-0116 from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The views expressed herein are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the US Government. This is a US Government-sponsored work. There are no restrictions on its use.
- Issue online: 14 MAY 2004
- Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2004
- 3United Network for Organ Sharing (Richmond, VA) Work Group 4 . UNOS Consensus Conference on the Consent Process: Research to Practice . 2003 .
- 7Family consent: developing a model intervention to increase consent to organ donation. National Consent Conference on Organ Donation , Orlando , Florida , April 2003 ..
- 9Presumed consent and other predictors of cadaveric organ donation in Europe . Prog Transplant 2003 ; 1 : 17 – 23 ., , , , .
- 17New York Organ Donor Network data , 2002 . http://www.nyodn.org
- 18Widow fights for oversight of surgeries. Newsday , August 18, 2002 , A35 ..
- 20Hospital is fined for ‘woeful care’: Mt. Sinai cited for deficiencies after liver donor's death . New York Times 13 March 2002 ..