Note on sources: The articles in this report are based on the reference tables in the 2004 OPTN/SRTR Annual Report, which are not included in this publication. Many relevant data appear in the figures and tables included here; other tables from the Annual Report that serve as the basis for this article include the following: Tables 2.2, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.4a, 5.4b, 5.4c, 5.7a, 5.7c, 5.8b, 5.8c, 5.9a, 5.9b, 5.9c, 5.10b, 5.14, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.9, 6.10, 6.12, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.7, 7.9, 7.10, 7.12, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.7, 8.9, 8.12, 8.13, and 8.14. All of these tables may be found online at http://www.ustransplant.org.
Current status of kidney and pancreas transplantation in the United States, 1994–2003
Article first published online: 10 MAR 2005
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 5, Issue 4p2, pages 904–915, April 2005
How to Cite
Danovitch, G. M., Cohen, D. J., Weir, M. R., Stock, P. G., Bennett, W. M., Christensen, L. L. and Sung, R. S. (2005), Current status of kidney and pancreas transplantation in the United States, 1994–2003. American Journal of Transplantation, 5: 904–915. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6135.2005.00835.x
Funding: The Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR) is funded by contract number 231-00-0116 from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), US Department of Health and Human Services. The views expressed herein are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the US Government. This is a US Government-sponsored work. There are no restrictions on its use.
- Issue published online: 10 MAR 2005
- Article first published online: 10 MAR 2005
- 5U.S. Renal Data System, USRDS 2003 Annual Data Report: Atlas of end-stage renal disease in the United States. National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases , Bethesda , MD , 2003.
- 12Initial experience with the expanded criteria donor kidney allocation system: impact on listed candidates (abstract). Am J Transplant 2004; 4(Suppl. 8): 303., , et al.
- 13ECD mortality: OPO waiting time by race and age (abstract). Am J Transplant 2004; 4(Suppl. 8): 303., , , , , .
- 16Increased patient survival after solitary pancreas transplants (abstract). Am J Transplant 2004; 4(Suppl. 8): 582–583., , .
- 20Most zero HLA-mismatched kidney transplant occur soon after listing leaving a waiting list of patients with increasingly uncommon HLA phenotypes (abstract). Am J Transplant 2004; 4(Suppl. 8): 322., , , .