Long-term Cardiac Outcomes in Renal Transplant Recipients Receiving Fluvastatin: The ALERT Extension Study
Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2005
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 5, Issue 12, pages 2929–2936, December 2005
How to Cite
Holdaas, H., Fellström, B., Cole, E., Nyberg, G., Olsson, A.G., Pedersen, T.R., Madsen, S., Grönhagen-Riska, C., Neumayer, H.-H., Maes, B., Ambühl, P., Hartmann, A., Staffler, B., Jardine, A.G. and on behalf of the Assessment of LEscol in Renal Transplantation (ALERT) Study Investigators (2005), Long-term Cardiac Outcomes in Renal Transplant Recipients Receiving Fluvastatin: The ALERT Extension Study. American Journal of Transplantation, 5: 2929–2936. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2005.01105.x
- Issue online: 18 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2005
- Received 17 June 2005, revised 21 July 2005 and accepted for publication 5 August 2005
- 4Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study Group. Randomised trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease: the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S). Lancet 1994; 344: 1383–1389.
- 5The Long-Term Intervention with Pravastatin in Ischaemic Disease (LIPID) Study Group. Prevention of cardiovascular events and death with pravastatin in patients with coronary heart disease and a broad range of initial cholesterol levels. N Engl J Med 1998; 339: 1349–1357.
- 10Prevention of coronary and stroke events with atorvastatin in hypertensive patients who have average or lower-than-average cholesterol concentrations, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Lipid Lowering Arm (ASCOT-LLA): a multicentre randomized controlled trial. Lancet 2003; 361: 1149–1158., , et al.
- 11on behalf of the Assessment of Lescol in Renal Transplantation (ALERT) Study Investigators. Effect of fluvastatin on cardiac outcomes in renal transplant recipients: a multicentre, randomised, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet 2003; 361: 2024–2031., , et al.
- 14Clinical practice guidelines for managing dyslipidemias in kidney transplant patients: a report from the Managing Dyslipidemias in Chronic Kidney Disease Work Group of the National Kidney Foundation Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative. Am J Transplant 2004; 4 Suppl 7: 13–53., , et al.
- 15on behalf of the ALERT study group. Clinical practice guidelines for managing dyslipidemias in kidney transplant patients: lessons to be learnt from the Assessment of Lescol® in Renal Transplantation (ALERT) Trial [letter]. Am J Transplant 2005; 5: 1574–1575., ,
- 18ALLHAT Officers and Coordinators for the ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group. Major outcomes in moderately hypercholesterolaemic, hypertensive patients randomized to prastatin vs. usual care: the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT-LLT). J Am Med Assoc 2002; 288: 2998–3007.
- 23on behalf of the ALERT Study Investigators. Fluvastatin prevents cardiac death and myocardial infarction in renal transplant recipients: post-hoc subgroup analyses of the ALERT study. Am J Transplant 2004; 4: 988–995., , et al.