Report of a National Conference on Donation after Cardiac Death
Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2006
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 6, Issue 2, pages 281–291, February 2006
How to Cite
Bernat, J.L., D'Alessandro, A.M., Port, F.K., Bleck, T.P., Heard, S.O., Medina, J., Rosenbaum, S.H., DeVita, M.A., Gaston, R.S., Merion, R.M., Barr, M.L., Marks, W.H., Nathan, H., O'Connor, K., Rudow, D.L., Leichtman, A.B., Schwab, P., Ascher, N.L., Metzger, R.A., Mc Bride, V., Graham, W., Wagner, D., Warren, J. and Delmonico, F.L. (2006), Report of a National Conference on Donation after Cardiac Death. American Journal of Transplantation, 6: 281–291. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2005.01194.x
- Issue online: 19 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2006
- Received 25 July 2005, revised and accepted for publication 24 October 2005
- 1Guidelines for the determination of death. Report of the medical consultants on the diagnosis of death to the President's Commission for the Study of Ethical Problems in Medicine and Biomedical and Behavioral Research. JAMA 1981; 246: 2184–2186.
- 3Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences. Non-heart-beating organ transplantation: Medical and ethical issues in procurement. Washington , DC : National Academy Press, 1997.
- 4Ethics Committee, American College of Critical Care Medicine; Society of Critical Care Medicine. Recommendations for non heart beating organ donation. A position paper by the Ethics Committee, American College of Critical Care Medicine, Society of Critical Care Medicine. Crit Care Med 2001; 29: 1826–1831.
- 5Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences. Non-heart-beating organ transplantation: Practice and protocols. Washington , DC : National Academy Press, 2000.
- 6Development of the University of Wisconsin donation after cardiac death evaluation tool. Prog Transplant 2003; 13: 265–273., , et al.
- 8Donation after cardiac death: The University of Wisconsin experience. Ann Transplant 2004; 9: 68–71., , et al.
- 10The Report of the New York State Department of Health Commission on Expanded Criteria Organs for Liver Transplantation. Liver Transplantation 2005; 11: 1184–1192.