*Note on sources: The articles in this report are based on the reference tables in the 2005 OPTN/SRTR Annual Report, which are not included in this publication. Many relevant data appear in the tables figures included here; other tables from the Annual Report that serve as the basis for this article include the following: Tables 12.2, 12.3 and 13.4. All of these tables may be found online at http://www.ustransplant.org.
Development of the New Lung Allocation System in the United States
Version of Record online: 5 APR 2006
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 6, Issue 5p2, pages 1212–1227, May 2006
How to Cite
Egan, T. M., Murray, S., Bustami, R. T., Shearon, T. H., McCullough, K. P., Edwards, L. B., Coke, M. A., Garrity, E. R., Sweet, S. C., Heiney, D. A. and Grover, F. L. (2006), Development of the New Lung Allocation System in the United States. American Journal of Transplantation, 6: 1212–1227. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2006.01276.x
- Issue online: 5 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 5 APR 2006
- 2The American Society for Transplant Physicians (ASTP)/American Thoracic Society (ATS)/European Respiratory Society (ERS)/International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) . International guidelines for the selection of lung transplant candidates . Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1998 ; 158 : 335 – 339 .
- 3Department of Health and Human Services . Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network; Final Rule . In: Federal Register 42 CFR, Part 121 , October 20, 1999 : 56649 – 56661 .
- 4Institute of Medicine, Committee on Non-Heart-Beating Transplantation II . Non-Heart-Beating Organ Transplantation: Practice and Protocols . Washington , DC : National Academy Press , 2000 .
- 9Are there predictors of death at the time of listing for lung transplant? (Abstract) . J Heart Lung Transplant 2002 ; 21 : 154 ., , et al .
- 10Predictors of death on the UNOS lung transplant waiting list (Abstract) . J Heart Lung Transplant 2003 ; 22 : S147 ., , et al .
- 11Risk factors for death after lung transplant in the U.S. (Abstract) . J Heart Lung Transplant 2003 ; 22 : S146 – 147 ., , et al .
- 12Risk/benefit-based lung allocation algorithms (Abstract) . J Heart Lung Transplant (Supplement) 2003 ; 22 : S128 – 129 ., , et al .
- 13Prosper function analysis for organ allocation: A counting process and martingale approach ( PhD dissertation ). Ann Arbor , MI : University of Michigan Department of Biostatistics , 2003 ..
- 14Lung allocation in the United States . In : Lynch III JP , Ross D , eds . Lung and Heart-Lung Transplantation (Lung Biology in Health and Disease series) ( in press ). New York , NY : Marcel Dekker Inc. , 2006 ., , , , , .