- Top of page
- Allograft Fibrosis and Atrophy Revisited
- Chronic Alloimmune Injury/Rejection versus Non-Immune Injury
- The Diagnostic Triad of Late or Chronic Antibody-Mediated Rejection
- The Pathology of Antibody-Mediated Rejection
- B Cells in the Renal Allograft
- Genomics Markers in Solid Organ Transplantation
The 8th Banff Conference on Allograft Pathology was held in Edmonton, Canada, 15–21 July 2005. Major outcomes included the elimination of the non-specific term ‘chronic allograft nephropathy’ (CAN) from the Banff classification for kidney allograft pathology, and the recognition of the entity of chronic antibody-mediated rejection. Participation of B cells in allograft rejection and genomics markers of rejection were also major subjects addressed by the conference.