Guidelines for the Psychosocial Evaluation of Living Unrelated Kidney Donors in the United States
Version of Record online: 23 APR 2007
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 7, Issue 5, pages 1047–1054, May 2007
How to Cite
Dew, M. A., Jacobs, C. L., Jowsey, S. G., Hanto, R., Miller, C. and Delmonico, F.L. (2007), Guidelines for the Psychosocial Evaluation of Living Unrelated Kidney Donors in the United States. American Journal of Transplantation, 7: 1047–1054. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2007.01751.x
- Issue online: 23 APR 2007
- Version of Record online: 23 APR 2007
- Received 10 October 2006, revised 2 January 2007 and accepted for publication 16 January 2007
- 1U.S. Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network and the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients. Living Donor Transplants by Donor Relation Table for U.S. Transplants Performed January 1, 1998–September 30, 2006, Kidney, http://www.optn.org. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Healthcare Systems Bureau, Division of Transplantation, Rockville, MD; United Network for Organ Sharing, Richmond, VA; University Renal Research and Education Association, Ann Arbor, MI. Last accessed December 15, 2006.
- 5Psychosocial assessment of living organ donors: Clinical and ethical considerations. Prog Transplant 2001; 11: 40–49., , , .
- 14Gift of life: The social and psychological impact of organ transplantation. New York: Wiley, 1977. Reprinted with additions, Brunswick , NJ : Transaction Books, 1987., , .
- 17Letter from Dr.. Burdick, director, Division of Transplantation, Healthcare Systems Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration, Department of Health and Human Services, to Walter K. Graham, Executive Director, United Network for Organ Sharing, October 29, 2004.
- 18Canadian Council for Donation and Transplantation. (2006). Enhancing Living Donation: A Canadian Forum. Report and recommendations. Canadian Council for Donation and Transplantation: Edmonton, AB.
- 23Altruism and prosocial behavior. In: MillonT, LernerMJ, eds. Handbook of Psychology: Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 5. Hoboken , NJ : Wiley, 2003:463–484., .
- 26Psychosocial aspects of living organ donation. In: TanH, MarcosA, ShapiroR, eds. Living Donor Organ Transplantation. New York : Taylor and Francis, in press., , , , .
- 29Psychosocial issues in living organ donation. In: TrzepaczPT, DiMartiniAF, eds. The Transplant Patient: Biological, Psychiatric and Ethical Issues in Organ Transplantation. New York : Cambridge University Press, 2000:42–66., , .
- 31National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services. Request for applications: Clinical outcomes of live organ donors. RFA-AI-05–015, issued February 10, 2005 (http://www.grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-AI-05--015.html). Last accessed December 18, 2006.
- 32Psychosocial evaluation interview protocol for living related and living unrelated kidney donors. Soc Work Health Care 2003; 381: 39–61..