This Document is provided for informational and general educational purposes only. Nothing contained in this Document is intended to be instructional for medical diagnosis or treatment. This Document should not be used in place of professional medical advice and is not intended to be a substitute for consultation with or treatment by a medical professional. This Document is an educational tool designed only to enhance and support the treatment and education process initiated by your physician, nurse or pharmacist. This Document should not be substituted for specific medical advice or instruction by a physician, nurse or pharmacist.
Guidance on Novel Influenza A/H1N1 in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients†
Officially endorsed by the American Society of Transplantation (AST), The Transplantation Society (TTS) and the Canadian Society of Transplantation (CST)
Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2009
© 2009 The Authors Journal compilation © 2009 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 18–25, January 2010
How to Cite
Kumar, D., Morris, M. I., Kotton, C. N., Fischer, S. A., Michaels, M. G., Allen, U., Blumberg, E. A., Green, M., Humar, A., Ison, M. G. and on Behalf of the AST Infectious Diseases Community of Practice and Transplant Infectious Diseases Section of TTS (2010), Guidance on Novel Influenza A/H1N1 in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients. American Journal of Transplantation, 10: 18–25. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2009.02960.x
- Issue online: 17 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2009
- Received 07 November 2009, revised and accepted for publication 11 November 2009
- 2Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Oseltamivir-resistant novel influenza A (H1N1) virus infection in two immunosuppressed patients – Seattle, Washington, 2009. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rept/MMWR 2009; 58: 1–4, August 14, 2009.
- 21http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm123743.pdf [Package insert for LAIV].
- 23Interim Guidance on Environmental Management of Pandemic Influenza Virus. Know What to Do About the Flu http://www.flu.gov/plan/healthcare/influenzaguidance.html. Accessed August 30, 2009.
- 24CDC. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in Healthcare Settings. October 1, 2004; http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/ppe.html. Accessed August 31, 2009.
- 26CDC. Interim Guidance for the Use of Masks to Control Influenza Transmission. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/infectioncontrol/maskguidance.htm. Accessed August 31, 2009.