Note on sources: The articles in this report are based on the reference tables in the 2009 OPTN/SRTR Annual Report, which are not included in this publication. Many relevant data appear in the figures and tables included here. All of the tables may be found online at: http://www.ustransplant.org.
Geographic Variation in End-Stage Renal Disease Incidence and Access to Deceased Donor Kidney Transplantation
Article first published online: 22 MAR 2010
No claim to original US government works Journal compilation © 2010 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Special Issue: The 2009 SRTR Report on the State of Transplantation
Volume 10, Issue 4p2, pages 1069–1080, April 2010
How to Cite
Mathur, A. K., Ashby, V. B., Sands, R. L. and Wolfe, R. A. (2010), Geographic Variation in End-Stage Renal Disease Incidence and Access to Deceased Donor Kidney Transplantation. American Journal of Transplantation, 10: 1069–1080. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2010.03043.x
- Issue published online: 22 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 22 MAR 2010
- Received 30 September 2009, revised 14 December 2009 and accepted for publication 19 December 2009
- 1U.S. Renal Data System. USRDS 2008 Annual Data Report: Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease in the United States. Bethesda , MD : National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. 2008. Available from: http://www.usrds.org/atlas.
- 19U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division, County – Characteristics. Annual Estimates of the Resident Population by Sex, Race Alone, and Hispanic Origin for Counties: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2008. 2008 August 14, 2009; Available from: http://www.census.gov/popest/counties/asrh/CC-EST2008-RACE6.html
- 20Social Security Administration Death Master File. Federal Computer Products Center, National Technical Information Service, U.S. Department of Commerce, Springfield, VA;. In., 2009.
- 21Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients. 2009; Available from: http://www.ustransplant.org
- 23Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Health Resources and Services Administration, HHS. Final rule. Fed Regist 1999;64:56650–56661.
- 33Marked Increase in the use of inactive status on the kidney transplant waiting list. Am J Transplantat 2008; 8(Suppl 2): 198., , , , , .
- 43National MOTTEP: Educating to prevent the need for transplantation. Minority Organ Tissue Transplant Education Program. Ethn Dis 2002; 12: S1, 34–37., , .