The Efficacy and Safety of 200 Days Valganciclovir Cytomegalovirus Prophylaxis in High-Risk Kidney Transplant Recipients
Article first published online: 26 MAR 2010
©2010 The Authors Journal compilation©2010 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 10, Issue 5, pages 1228–1237, May 2010
How to Cite
Humar, A., Lebranchu, Y., Vincenti, F., Blumberg, E. A., Punch, J. D., Limaye, A. P., Abramowicz, D., Jardine, A. G., Voulgari, A. T., Ives, J., Hauser, I. A. and Peeters, P. (2010), The Efficacy and Safety of 200 Days Valganciclovir Cytomegalovirus Prophylaxis in High-Risk Kidney Transplant Recipients. American Journal of Transplantation, 10: 1228–1237. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2010.03074.x
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 26 MAR 2010
- Received 10 November 2009, revised 07 January 2010 and accepted for publication 28 January 2010
- 3Cytomegalovirus infection after organ transplantation. In: BowdenRA, LjungmanP, PayaCV, eds. Transplant Infections, 2nd Ed. Philadelphia : Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, 2003: 298–232., .
- 13Following universal prophylaxis with intravenous ganciclovir and cytomegalovirus immune globulin, valganciclovir is safe and effective for prevention of CMV infection following lung transplantation. Am J Transplant 2004; 4: 1635–1642., , et al.
- 14Ganciclovir for cytomegalovirus: A call for indefinite prophylaxis. Am J Transplant 2007; 7 (S2): 505., , et al.
- 17American Society of Transplantation recommendations for screening, monitoring and reporting of infectious complications in immunosuppression trials in recipients of organ transplantation. Am J Transplant 2006; 6: 262–274., .
- 25HLA B and DR mismatching, a risk factor for cytomegalovirus infection after renal transplantation. Clin Transplantation 1993; 7: 467–474., , , , , .