The HIV-HCV Transplantation Transmission Investigation Team. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: S. Ramachandran, D. Seem, J. Drobeniuc, T. Durant, J. Easton, L. Ganova-Raeva, G. Garcia-Lerma, S. Holmberg, Y. Khudyakov, L. Kumar, Y. Lin, M. Millis, B. Minske, S. Owen, J. Ponterelli, K. Sullivan, W. M. Switzer, A. S. Youngpairoj and G. L. Xia; Gift of Hope Organ and Tissue Donor Network: M. Mozes and A. Smith; Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine: E. DeMayo and V. Stosor; Rush University Medical Center: S. Forrest Dodson; University of Chicago Medical Center: E. A. King.
Transmission of Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Hepatitis C Virus From an Organ Donor to Four Transplant Recipients
Version of Record online: 6 JUN 2011
©2011 The Authors Journal compilation©2011 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 11, Issue 6, pages 1218–1225, June 2011
How to Cite
Ison, M. G., Llata, E., Conover, C. S., Friedewald, J. J., Gerber, S. I., Grigoryan, A., Heneine, W., Millis, J. M., Simon, D. M., Teo, C.-G., Kuehnert, M. J. and and the HIV-HCV Transplantation Transmission Investigation Team (2011), Transmission of Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Hepatitis C Virus From an Organ Donor to Four Transplant Recipients. American Journal of Transplantation, 11: 1218–1225. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2011.03597.x
- Issue online: 6 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 6 JUN 2011
- Received 20 January 2011, revised 8 April 2011 and accepted for publication 11 April 2011
- 4Human immunodeficiency virus infection transmitted from an organ donor screened for HIV antibody: North Carolina. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1987; 36: 306–308.
- 5Guidelines for preventing transmission of human immunodeficiency virus through transplantation of human tissue and organs. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. MMWR Recomm Rep 1994; 43: 1–17.
- 10OPTN Policy 4. http://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/policiesAndBylaws/policies.asp Accessed on March 16, 2011.
- 12Methods for studying genetic variation of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Boca Raton , FL : CRC Press, 1996., , .
- 15Temporal patterns of quasispecies in chronic HCV infected patients. In: 12th International Symposium on Viral Hepatitis and Liver Disease; 2006; Paris , France ., , , .
- 18OPTN Policy 2.2. http://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/policiesAndBylawspolicies.asp Accessed on March 16, 2011.