Human Herpesvirus 8 (HHV8) Transmission and Related Morbidity in Organ Recipients
Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2012
© Copyright 2012 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 207–213, January 2013
How to Cite
Lebbe, C., Porcher, R., Marcelin, A. G., Agbalika, F., Dussaix, E., Samuel, D., Varnous, S., Euvrard, S., Bigorie, A., Creusvaux, H., Legendre, C., Frances, C. and the Skin and Organ Transplantation Group of the French Society of Dermatology (2013), Human Herpesvirus 8 (HHV8) Transmission and Related Morbidity in Organ Recipients. American Journal of Transplantation, 13: 207–213. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2012.04290.x
- Issue online: 26 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 13 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 DEC 2011
- French Society of Dermatology
- The impact of preexisting or acquired Kaposi sarcoma herpesvirus infection in kidney transplant recipients on morbidity and survival. Am J Transplant 2009; 9: 2580–2586. , , , et al.
- Comparison of serologic assays for detection of antibodies against human herpesvirus 8. Clin Diagnos Lab Immunol 2001; 8: 913–921. , , , , .
- Use of a multiantigen detection algorithm for diagnosis of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus infection. J Clin Microbiol 2006; 44: 3734–3741. , , , , , .
- Prevalence of Kaposi's sarcoma associated herpesvirus infection measured by antibodies to recombinant capsid protein and latent immunofluorescence antigen. Lancet 1996; 348: 1133–1138. , , , et al.
- Comparative study of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus serological assays using clinically and serologically defined reference standards and latent class analysis. J Clin Microbiol 2007; 45: 715–720. , , , et al.
- High titers of anti-human herpesvirus 8 antibodies in elderly males in an endemic population. J Natl Cancer Inst 2002; 94: 1333–1335. , , , .
- Differences in the frequency and function of HHV8-specific CD8 T cells between asymptomatic HHV8 infection and Kaposi sarcoma. Blood 2006; 108: 3871–3880. , , , et al.
- Primary and reactivated HHV8 infection and disease after liver transplantation: A prospective study. Am J Transplant 2011; 11: 2715–2723. , , , et al.
- Severe human herpesvirus-8 primary infection in a renal transplant patient successfully treated with anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody. Blood 2006; 107: 3009–3010. , , , et al.
- Vaccinations for adult solid-organ transplant recipients: Current recommendations and protocols. Clin Microbiol Rev 2003; 16: 357–364. , , , .
- Antibody reactivity to latent and lytic antigens to human herpesvirus-8 in longitudinally followed homosexual men. J Infect Dis 2003; 187: 12–18. , , , , .
- High conservation of Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus microRNAs implies important function. J Infect Dis 2007; 195: 618–620. .
- Human herpesvirus 8 infection in hemodialysis patients. Am J Kidney Dis 2006; 47: 167–170. , , , et al.
- BK virus antibody titers and intensity of infections after renal transplantation. J Clin Virol 2008; 43: 184–189. , , , , , .
- Extended valganciclovir prophylaxis in D+/R- kidney transplant recipients is associated with long-term reduction in cytomegalovirus disease: Two-year results of the IMPACT study. Transplantation 2010; 90: 1427–1431. , , , et al.