Five-Year Outcomes in Living Donor Kidney Transplants With a Positive Crossmatch
Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2012
© Copyright 2012 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 76–85, January 2013
How to Cite
Bentall, A., Cornell, L. D., Gloor, J. M., Park, W. D., Gandhi, M. J., Winters, J. L., Chedid, M. F., Dean, P. G. and Stegall, M. D. (2013), Five-Year Outcomes in Living Donor Kidney Transplants With a Positive Crossmatch. American Journal of Transplantation, 13: 76–85. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2012.04291.x
- Issue online: 26 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 1 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 JUN 2012
- Impact of donor-specific antibodies on chronic rejection occurrence and graft loss in renal transplantation: Posttransplant analysis using flow cytometric techniques. Transplantation 2001; 71: 1106–1112. , , , et al.
- Anti-human leukocyte antigen and donor-specific antibodies detected by luminex posttransplant serve as biomarkers for chronic rejection of renal allografts. Transplantation 2009; 87: 1505–1513. , , , et al.
- Intravenous immune globulin treatment inhibits crossmatch positivity and allows for successful transplantation of incompatible organs in living-donor and cadaver recipients. Transplantation 2003; 76: 631–636. , , , et al.
- Plasmapheresis and intravenous immune globulin provides effective rescue therapy for refractory humoral rejection and allows kidneys to be successfully transplanted into cross-match-positive recipients. Transplantation 2000; 70: 887–895. , , , et al.
- Overcoming a positive crossmatch in living-donor kidney transplantation. Am J Transplant 2003; 3: 1017–1023. , , , et al.
- Desensitization and subsequent kidney transplantation of patients using intravenous immunoglobulins (IVIg). Am J Transplant 2002; 2: 758–760. , , , et al.
- Kidney paired donation: Fundamentals, limitations, and expansions. Am J Kidney Dis 2011; 57: 144–151. , , .
- Nonsimultaneous chains and dominos in kidney- paired donation-revisited. Am J Transplant 2011; 11: 984–994. , , , .
- Paired kidney donation: A (virtual) balancing act. Am J Transplant 2011; 11: 194–195. , , , .
- Transplantation of highly sensitized patients via the acceptable mismatch program or desensitization? We need both. Curr Opin Organ Transplant 2009; 14: 410–413. , .
- Desensitization in HLA-incompatible kidney recipients and survival. N Engl J Med 2011; 365: 318–326. , , , et al.
- Histologic findings one year after positive crossmatch or ABO blood group incompatible living donor kidney transplantation. Am J Transplant 2006; 6: 1841–1847. , , , et al.
- The Banff 97 working classification of renal allograft pathology. Kidney Int 1999; 55: 713–723. , , , et al.
- Banff 07 classification of renal allograft pathology: Updates and future directions. Am J Transplant 2008; 8: 753–760. , , , et al.
- Optimal matching for observational studies. J Am Stat Assoc 1989; 84: 1024–1032. .
- Proteinuria after kidney transplantation, relationship to allograft histology and survival. Am J Transplant 2007; 7: 2748–2756. , , , et al.
- Positive cross-match living donor kidney transplantation: Longer term outcomes. Am J Transplant 2009; 9: 536–542. , , , et al.
- Preexisting donor-specific HLA antibodies predict outcome in kidney transplantation. J Am Soc Nephrol 2010; 21: 1398–1406. , , , et al.
- Human leukocyte antigen antibody-incompatible renal transplantation: Excellent medium-term outcomes with negative cytotoxic crossmatch. Transplantation 2011; 92: 900–906. , , , et al.
- Subclinical acute antibody-mediated rejection in positive crossmatch renal allografts. Am J Transplant 2007; 7: 576–585. , , , et al.
- Outcome of subclinical antibody-mediated rejection in kidney transplant recipients with preformed donor-specific antibodies. Am J Transplant 2009; 9: 2561–2570. , , , et al.
- Subclinical peritubular capillaritis at 3 months is associated with chronic rejection at 1 year. Transplantation 2007; 83: 1416–1422. , , , , .
- Living donor exchange programs: Theory and practice. Br Med Bull 2011; 98: 21–30. .