[Correction made after online publication November 5, 2012: the author affiliations have been updated.]
Liver Transplantation Outcome in Patients With Angiographically Proven Coronary Artery Disease: A Multi-Institutional Study
Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2012
© Copyright 2012 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 184–191, January 2013
How to Cite
Wray, C., Scovotti, J. C., Tobis, J., Niemann, C. U., Planinsic, R., Walia, A., Findlay, J., Wagener, G., Cywinski, J. B., Markovic, D., Hughes, C., Humar, A., Olmos, A., Sierra, R., Busuttil, R. and Steadman, R. H. (2013), Liver Transplantation Outcome in Patients With Angiographically Proven Coronary Artery Disease: A Multi-Institutional Study. American Journal of Transplantation, 13: 184–191. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2012.04293.x
- Issue online: 26 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 1 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 14 MAY 2012
- The prevalence of coronary artery disease in liver transplant candidates over age 50. Transplantation 1995; 59: 859–864. , , , et al.
- Detection and treatment of coronary artery disease in liver transplant candidates. Liver Transpl 2001; 7: 755–761. , , .
- Cardiac hemodynamic and coronary angiographic characteristics of patients being evaluated for liver transplantation. Am J Cardiol 2006; 98: 178–181. , , , et al.
- Morbidity and mortality in patients with coronary artery disease undergoing orthotopic liver transplantation. Liver Transpl Surg 1996; 2: 426–430. , , , , , .
- Predictive value of dobutamine stress echocardiography for coronary artery disease detection in liver transplant candidates. Am J Transplant 2008; 8: 1523–1528. , , , et al.
- Influence of coronary artery disease on outcomes after liver transplantation. Transplant Proc 2008; 40: 3554–3557. , , , .
- Multivessel coronary artery disease predicts mortality, length of stay, and pressor requirements after liver transplantation. Liver Transplant 2010; 16: 1242–1248. , , , et al.
- Coronary artery disease in orthotopic liver transplantation: pretransplant assessment and management. Liver Transplant 2010; 16: 550–557. , , , , , .
- Cardiovascular risk assessment of the liver transplant candidate. J Am Coll Cardiol 2011; 58: 223–231. , , , et al.
- Cardiac disease evaluation and management among kidney and liver transplantation candidates: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology Foundation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2012; 60: 434–480. , , , et al.
- Two-dimensional and dobutamine stress echocardiography in the preoperative assessment of patients with end-stage liver disease prior to orthotopic liver transplantation. Transplantation 1996; 61: 1180–1188. , , , et al.
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography for preoperative cardiac risk stratification in patients undergoing orthotopic liver transplantation. Liver Transpl Surg 1998; 4: 253–257. , , , et al.
- Value of dobutamine stress myocardial contrast perfusion echocardiography in patients with advanced liver disease. Liver Transplant 2006; 12: 592–599. , , , et al.
- Predictive value of stress myocardial perfusion imaging in liver transplant candidates. Am J Cardiol 2002; 89: 359–360. , , , et al.
- Value of stress myocardial perfusion scanning in diagnosis of severe coronary artery disease in liver transplantation candidates. Transplant Proc 2009; 41: 3757–3760. , , , et al.
- Anonymous. Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients. 2012 Available at: http://www.srtr.org/csr/current/modtabs.aspx. Accessed February 10, 2012.
- Predicting outcome after liver transplantation: utility of the model for end-stage liver disease and a newly derived discrimination function. Transplantation 2004; 77: 99–106. , , , et al.
- Summary report of a national conference: Evolving concepts in liver allocation in the MELD and PELD era. Liver Transplant 2004; 10: A6-A22. , , , et al.
- American College of Cardiology/Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions Clinical Expert Consensus Document on cardiac catheterization laboratory standards. A report of the American College of Cardiology Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001; 37: 2170–2214. , , , et al.
- 7-year survival of patients with normal or near normal coronary arteriograms—a CASS registry study. J Am Coll Cardiol 1986; 7: 479–483. , , , .
- Quantitative coronary angiography in the estimation of the functional significance of coronary stenosis: Correlations with dobutamine-atropine stress test. J Am Coll Cardiol 1994; 23: 1434–1439. , , , et al.
- Coronary arteriography 1984–1987: A report of the Registry of the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions: II. An analysis of 218 deaths related to coronary arteriography. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 1989; 17: 11–14. , , , et al.
- Liver transplantation in those of advancing age: The case for transplantation. Liver Transplant 2007; 13: 1355–1357. , .
- Older age and liver transplantation: A review. Liver Transplant 2004; 10: 957–967. , , .
- The beneficial side of moderate alcohol use. Johns Hopkins Med J 1981; 148: 53–63. , , .
- Outcomes associated with drug-eluting and bare-metal stents: a collaborative network meta-analysis. Lancet 2007; 370: 937–948. , , , et al.
- Five-year outcomes after coronary stenting versus bypass surgery for the treatment of multivessel disease—The final analysis of the arterial revascularization therapies study (ARTS) randomized trial. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005; 46: 575–581. , , , et al.
- Immunosuppression impact on long-term cardiovascular complications after liver transplantation. Am J Surg 2002; 183: 595–599. , , , .
- OPTN / SRTR 2010 Annual Data Report. 2011; Available at: http://www.srtr.org/annual_reports/2010/flash/03_liver/index.html. Accessed June 21, 2012.