Incidence of Primary and Second Cancers in Renal Transplant Recipients: A Multicenter Cohort Study
Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2012
© Copyright 2012 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 214–221, January 2013
How to Cite
Tessari, G., Naldi, L., Boschiero, L., Minetti, E., Sandrini, S., Nacchia, F., Valerio, F., Rugiu, C., Sassi, F., Gotti, E., Fonte, L., Talamini, G. and Girolomoni, G. (2013), Incidence of Primary and Second Cancers in Renal Transplant Recipients: A Multicenter Cohort Study. American Journal of Transplantation, 13: 214–221. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2012.04294.x
- Issue online: 26 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 17 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 APR 2012
- Cancer screening in renal transplant recipients: What is the evidence? Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2008; 3: S87–S100. , , .
- Spectrum of cancer risk among US solid organ transplant recipients. JAMA 2011; 306: 1891–1901. , , , , , , et al.
- Incidence of cancer in kidney-transplant recipients: A long-term cohort study in a single center. Cancer Epidemiol 2011; 35: 105–111. , , , , , , et al.
- Thyroid cancer and renal transplantation: A meta-analysis. Endocr Relat Cancer 2010; 17: 159–67. , , , , .
- Small bowel cancer in the United States: changes in epidemiology, treatment, and survival over the last 20 years. Ann Surg 2009; 249: 63–71. , , , , , .
- RARECARE Working Group. Rare cancers of the head and neck area in Europe. Eur J Cancer 2012; 48: 783–96. , , , , , ,
- Patient survival after the diagnosis of cancer in renal transplant recipients: A nested case–control study. Transplantation 2010; 90: 1542–1546. , , , , .
- Incidence of cancer after kidney transplant: Results from the North Italy transplant program. Transplantation 2003; 76: 1448–1451. , , , , , , et al.
- De novo cancers arising in organ transplant recipients are associated with adverse outcomes compared with the general population. Transplantation 2009; 87: 1347–1359. , , , , , , et al.
- Cancer mortality in kidney transplantation. Am J Transplant 2009; 9: 1868–1875. , , .
- Secondary malignancies across the age spectrum. Semin Radiat Oncol 2010; 20: 67–78. , , , .
- Second primary cancers: an overview. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 2008; 22: 271–289. , .
- Nonmelanoma skin cancer and the risk of second primary cancers: A systematic review. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2010; 19: 1686–1695. , , .
- Incidence and clinical predictors of a subsequent nonmelanoma skin cancer in solid organ transplant recipients with a first nonmelanoma skin cancer: a multicenter cohort study. Arch Dermatol 2010; 146: 294–299. , , , , , , et al.
- Subsequent squamous- and basal-cell carcinomas in kidney-transplant recipients after the first skin cancer: cumulative incidence and risk factors. Transplantation 2010; 89: 1231–1238. , , , , , , et al.
- Subsequent skin cancers in kidney and heart transplant recipients after the first squamous cell carcinoma. Transplantation 2006; 81: 1093–1100. , , , , , , et al.
- Incidence of second primary cancer in transplanted patients. Transplantation 2006; 81: 982–985. , , , , , , et al.
- Immunosuppressive therapy and malignancy in organ transplant recipients. Drugs 2007; 67: 1167–1198. , .
- The planning of statistical investigations. In: Armitage P, Berry G eds. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 4th ed. Oxford, England: Blackwell Scientific Publications 1994; 175–185. , .
- Skin cancer in solid organ transplant recipients: Advances in therapy and management. Part II. Management of skin cancer in solid organ transplant recipients. J Am Acad Dermatol 2011; 65: 263–279. , .
- Allograft and overall survival of patients with posttransplant skin cancer. Dermatol Surg 2011; 37: 183–191. , , , , .
- Cardiac Transplant Research Database Group. Increased incidence and mortality associated with skin cancers after cardiac transplant. Am J Transplant 2011; 11: 1488–1497. , , , , , , et al.
- Incidence of cancers in people with HIV/AIDS compared with immunosuppressed transplant recipients: A meta-analysis. Lancet 2007; 370: 59–67. , , , .
- What types of cancers are associated with immune suppression in HIV? Lessons from solid organ transplant recipients. Curr Opin HIV AIDS 2009; 4: 35–41. , .
- Cancer incidence and risk factors after solid organ transplantation. Int J Cancer 2009; 125: 1747–1754. , .
- Evaluation of adult kidney transplant candidates. Semin Dial 2010; 23: 595–605. , , , , .
- Management of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder in adult solid organ transplant recipients—BCSH and BTS Guidelines. Br J Haematol 2010; 149: 693–705. , , , , , , et al.
- Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) arising in native kidneys of dialyzed and transplant patients: are they different entities? BJU Int 2012; doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11273.x. [Epub ahead of print]. , , , , , , et al.
- Features and outcomes of renal cell carcinoma of native kidneys in renal transplant recipients. BJU Int 2010; 105: 1260–1265. , , , , , , et al.
- Curtis RE, Freedman DM, Ron E, Ries LAG, Hacker DG, Edwards BK, Tucker MA, Fraumeni JF Jr. (eds). New malignancies among cancer survivors: SEER Cancer Registries, 1973–2000. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute. NIH Publ. No. 05–5302. 2006.