Disruptions in the Supply of Medications Used in Transplantation: Implications and Management Strategies for the Transplant Clinician
Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
© Copyright 2012 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 20–30, January 2013
How to Cite
Krisl, J. C., Fortier, C. R. and Taber, D. J. (2013), Disruptions in the Supply of Medications Used in Transplantation: Implications and Management Strategies for the Transplant Clinician. American Journal of Transplantation, 13: 20–30. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2012.04308.x
- Issue published online: 26 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 7 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 JUN 2012
- 1Drug Shortages: FDA's ability to respond should be strengthened,” testimony, November 21, 2011, before the U.S. Senate, Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (United States Government Accountability Office). Text from: Testimony. Available at: http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-12-116. Accessed May 23, 2012.
- 2Current Drug Shortages. [Web site]: FDA.; [updated 4/16/12.Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/DrugShortages/ucm050792.htm. Accessed April 16, 2012.
- 3GAO Report Finds That FDA Needs Increased Authority to Address Shortages. In: Hyman P, and McNamara, eds. FDA Law Blog. 2011...
- 4Prescription Drug Shortages: Examining a Public Heath Concern and Potential Solutions. Parsippany, NJ: IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics, 2011 December 15, 2011..
- 5Genzyme-Sanofi. US Campath Distribution Program [press release]. 2012.
- 6ISMP. Drug shortages: National Survey reveals high level of frustration, low level of safety. Institue of Safe Medication Practices Medication Safety Alert Acute Care 2010; 15(19).
- 8Office of the PressSecretary. Executive Order 13588—Reducing Prescription Drug Shortages. 2011. Available at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/10/31/executive-order-reducing-prescription-drug-shortage. Accessed May 18, 2012.
- 9Minimize the Impact of Drug Shortages on Patient Care. 2011. Available at: http://www.ashp.org/DocLibrary/Advocacy/GAD/SpeakUpShortage-Issue-Summary.aspx. Accessed May 18, 2012
- 15Micromedex® Healthcare Series [Internet database] [database on the Internet]. Thomson Reuters (Healthcare) Inc.
- 25Organ Procurment and Transplantation Network (OPTN) and Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR). OPTN/SRTR 2010 Annual Data Report. 2011.
- 27Trasylol®. Available at: http://www.trasylol.com. Accessed April 16, 2012.
- 32Polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies for treating acute rejection episodes in kidney transplant recipients. Cochr Database Syst Rev 2006; (2): CD004756., , , , .
- 33Janssen-Cilag. Orthoclone®OKT3—Worldwide discontinuation [press release]. 4 January 2010.
- 36Genzyme Corporation. Genzyme Receives Approval for Additional Manufacturing at Ireland Plant. United Business Media; 2012 Available at: http://http//http://www.prnewswire.com/news-release/genzyme-receives-approval-for-additional-manufacturing-at-ireland-plant-56983307.html. Accessed May 23, 2012.
- 37Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations. 32nd ed. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration; 2012.