The effect of herbal, essential oil and chlorhexidine mouthrinse on de novo plaque formation
Article first published online: 15 MAY 2012
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons A/S
International Journal of Dental Hygiene
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 48–52, February 2013
How to Cite
Singh, A., Daing, A. and Dixit, J. (2013), The effect of herbal, essential oil and chlorhexidine mouthrinse on de novo plaque formation. International Journal of Dental Hygiene, 11: 48–52. doi: 10.1111/j.1601-5037.2012.00556.x
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 15 MAY 2012
- Dates: Accepted 29 March 2012
- 2The rinse cycle. RDH2002; 82–83: 93..
- 5Effect of herbal, essential oil, and chlorhexidine mouthrinses on the composition of the subgingival microbiota and clinical periodontal parameters. J Clin Dent2009; 20: 211–217., , .
- 6The use of antiseptics in periodontal therapy. In: Lindhe J, Karring T, Lang NP, eds. Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry, 4th edn. Copenhagen, Blackwell Munksgaard, 2003, pp. 464–493..
- 9The anti-plaque activity of Salvadora persica and padina essential oil solution in comparison to chlorhexidine in human gingival disease: a randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial. Int J Pharmacol2005; 1: 311–315., .
- 10The crude aqueous extract of Piper betle L. and its antibacterial effect towards Streptococcus mutans. Am J Biochem Biotechnol2007; 3: 10–15., .
- 24The antiplaque effect of tooth paste containing Salvadora persica compared with chlorhexidine gluconate. Clin Prev Dent2008; 9: 3–8., , .
- 26Identification and quantification of some potentially antimicrobial anionic components in miswak extract. Indian J Pharmacol2000; 32: 11–14., , , .
- 27The immediate antimicrobial effect of a toothbrush and miswak on cariogenic bacteria: a clinical study. J Contemp Dent Pract2004; 5: 105–114., .
- 28In vitro antimicrobial activity of Salvadora persica L. extracts against some isolated oral pathogens in Iraq. Turk J Biol2008; 32: 57–62., .
- 29Comparison of the antibacterial effects of persica mouthwash with chlorhexidine on Streptococcus mutans in orthodontic patients. Daru2006; 14: 178–182., .
- 32Traditions of oral hygiene: chewing of betel (Piper betle L.) leaves. Curr Sci2007; 92: 26–28., , .
- 33Traditions in oral hygiene: Chewing of betel. (Piper betle L.) leaves. Current Science 2007; 92: 26–28., , .
- 34Antimicrobial activity of essential oils from plants used in Brazilian popular medicine. II WOCMAP Congress Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Part 2: Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, Phytomedicine, Toxicology., .