Is there a genetic variation association in the IL-10 and TNF α promoter gene with gestational diabetes mellitus?
Article first published online: 9 APR 2010
© 2010 The Authors
Volume 147, Issue 2, pages 94–102, April 2010
Total views since August 2010: 621
How to Cite
Montazeri, S., Nalliah, S. and Radhakrishnan, A. K. (2010), Is there a genetic variation association in the IL-10 and TNF α promoter gene with gestational diabetes mellitus?. Hereditas, 147: 94–102. doi: 10.1111/j.1601-5223.2009.02134.x
- Issue published online: 4 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 9 APR 2010
- Paper received 11 May 2009. manuscript accepted 8 June 2009.
- 2006. The tumour necrosis factor (TNF) -α−308GA promoter polymorohism is related to prenatal growth and postnatal insulin resistance. Clin. Endocrinol. 64: 129–135. , , et al.
- 2005. Association of Interleukin-10 A-592C and T-819C polymorphisms with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Human Immunol. 66: 1258–1263. , , et al.
- 2001. Mechanisms of disease: cytokine pathways and joint inflamation in rheumatoid arthritis. N. Eng. J. Med. 344: 907–916. and .
- 2002. Association of the TNF-alpha −308 G/A promoter polymorphism with insulin resistance in obesity. Obes. Res. 10: 401–407. , , et al.
- 1998. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha in sera of obese patients: fall with weight loss. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 83: 2907–2910. , , et al.
- 1999. Interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism predicts initial response of chronic hepatitis C to interferon alfa. Hepatology 30: 526–530. , , et al.
- 1997. Mapping of the human IL10 gene and further characterization of the 5′ flanking sequence. Immunogenetics 46: 120–128. , , et al.
- 2003. Association of low Interleukin-10 levels with the metabolic syndrome in obese women. Clinic Endocrinol. Metab. 88: 1055–1058. , , et al.
- 1997. The TNFalpha gene Nco I polymorphism influences the relationship among insulin resistance, percent body fat, and increased serum leptin levels. Diabetes 46: 1468–1472. , , et al.
- 1999. Increased number of Interleukin-10 production cells in systemic lupus erythematosus patients and their first-degree relatives and spouses in Icelandic multicase families. Arthritis Rheum. 42: 1649–1654. , , et al.
- 2002. Control of energy homeostasis and insulin action by adipocyte hormones: leptin, acylation stimulating protein, and adiponectin. Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 13: 51–59. .
- 2007. Comparison of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the human interleukin-10 gene promoter between rheumatoid arthritis patients and normal subjects in Malaysia. Mod. Rheumatol. 17: 429–435. , , et al.
- 2003. Plasma levels of the immunomodulatory cytokine interleukin-10 during normal human pregnancy: alongitudinal study. Cytokine 21: 265–269. , , et al.
- 1993. Adipose expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha: direct role in obesity-linked insulin resistance. Science 259: 87–91. , and .
- 1992. Biological properties of Interleukin 10. J. Clinic. Immunol. 13: 198–200. , , et al.
- 1998. Gene polymorphisms of interleukin 10 and 1 in infectious and autoimmune diseases. Ann. Med. 30: 460–473. , and .
- 2001. The functionally important IL-10 promoter polymorphism (−1082GA) is not a major genetic regulator in recurrent spontaneous abortions. Mol. Human Reprod. 7: 201–203. , , et al.
- 2002. TNF-α is apredictor of insulin resistance inhuman pregnancy. Diabetes 51: 2207–2213. , , et al.
- 2000. The tumor necrosis factor alpha −238 G A and −308 G A promoter polymorphisms are not associated with insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion in young healthy relatives of type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetologia 43: 181–184. , , et al.
- 2003. Promoter polymorphisms of the TNF-α (G-308A) and IL-6 (C-174G) genes predict the conversion from impaired glucose tolerance to type 2 diabetes. Diabetes 52: 1872–1876. , , et al.
- 2000. Tumor necrosis factor alpha gene G-308A polymorphism in the metabolic syndrome. Metabolism 49: 1021–1024. , , et al.
- 1998. Haplotype associated with low interleukin-10 production in patients with severe asthma. Lancet 352: 113. , , et al.
- 2004. Obstetrics and gynecology, evidence based text for MRCOG. – Arnold Publication. and .
- 1996. Characterization of type 1 and type 2 cytokine production profile in physiologic and pathologic human pregnancy. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 106: 127–133. , , et al.
- 2006. Do Adiponectin, TNF-α, leptin and CRP relate to insulin resistance in pregnancy? Studies in women with and without gestational diabetes, during and after pregnancy. Diabetes Metab. Res. Rev. 22: 131–138. , , et al.
- 1991. Summary and recommendation of the third International work shop: Conference on Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. Diabetes 40: 197–201. .
- 2004. Polymorphism in promoter region of IL10 gene is associated with RA in women. J. Rheumatol. 31: 422–425. , , et al.
- 2006. IL-10 promoter polymorphisms are associated with the mode and sequel of HBe Ag seroconversion in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Live Intr. 26: 326–333. , , et al.
- 1999. Maternal Thl- and Th2-type reactivity to placental antigens in normal and unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortions. Cell Immunol. 196: 122–130. , , et al.
- 2000. The −238 and −308 G A polymorphism of the tumor necrosis factor alpha gene promoter are not associated with features of the insulin resistance syndrome or altered birth weight in Danish Caucasians. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 85: 1731–1734. , and et al.
- 2006. Variants of the Interleukin-10 promoter gene are associated with obesity and insulin resistance but not type 2 diabetes in Caucasian Italian subjects. Diabetes 55: 1529–1533. , , et al.
- 2007. Genetics of gestational diabetes mellitus. Curr. Med. Chem. 14: 569–583. and .
- 2003. TNF α polymorphisms and type 2 diabetes mellitus in Taiwanese patients. Tissue Antigens 61: 393–399. , , et al.
- 1999. Insulin signaling and action in fat cells: associations with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 18: 119–126. , , et al.
- 2001. Tumour necrosis factor and lymphotoxin-alpha genetic polymorphisms and risk of relapse in childhood B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. BMC Blood Disorder 1: 1–6. , , et al.
- 2001. TNFalpha and leptin inhibit basal and glucose-stimulated insulin secretion and gene transcription in the HIT-T15 pancreatic cells. Int. J. Obes. Relat. Metab. Disord. 25: 1018–1026. , and .
- 1997. An investigation of polymorphism in the interleukin-10 gene promoter. Eur. J. Immunogenet. 24: 1–8. , , et al.
- 2003. Frequencies of the tumor necrosis factor gene polymorphisms in the Korean population. Hereditas 139: 184–188. , and .
- 2002. Low production capacity of interleukin-10 associates with the metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes: the Leiden 85-Plus Study. Diabetes 51: 1088–1092. , , et al.
- 1996. Is there a TH2 bias in human pregnancy? J. Reprod. Immune 32: 101–104. and .
- 1999. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha −238 and −308 polymorphisms are not associated with traits related to obesity and insulin resistance. Diabetes 48: 2096–2098. , , et al.
- 2004. Maternal serum tumor necrosis factor-alpha concentration and correlation with insulin resistance in gestational diabetes. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 39: 737–740. , , et al.
- WHO 1999. Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. – WHO Dept of Non-communicable Disease Surveillance Geneva.
- 2002. Tumor necrosis factor system in insulin resistance in gestational diabetes. Diabetes Res. Clini. Practice 56: 93–99. , , et al.