Haplotype of smoothelin gene associated with essential hypertension
Article first published online: 18 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors
Volume 149, Issue 5, pages 178–185, October 2012
How to Cite
Jiang, J., Nakayama, T., Shimodaira, M., Sato, N., Aoi, N., Sato, M., Izumi, Y., Kasamaki, Y., Ohta, M., Soma, M., Matsumoto, K., Kawamura, H., Ozawa, Y. and Ma, Y. (2012), Haplotype of smoothelin gene associated with essential hypertension. Hereditas, 149: 178–185. doi: 10.1111/j.1601-5223.2012.02242.x
- Issue published online: 1 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 18 OCT 2012
- Paper manuscript accepted 30 March 2012
- 2010. Association of the Insulin-like growth factor-1 gene with myocardial infarction in Japanese subjects. Hereditas 147: 215–224. , , et al.
- 2002. Smoothelin is an indicator of reversible phenotype modulation of smooth muscle cells in balloon-injured rat carotid arteries. Basic Res. Cardiol. 97: 9–16. , , et al.
- 1997. Kallikrein gene therapy in newborn and adult hypertensive rats. 1997.– Can. J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 75: 750–756. , , et al.
- 1977. Maximum likelihood from in complete data via the EM algorithm. J. R. Stat. Soc. 39: 1–22. , and .
- Guidelines Subcommittee 1999. World Health Organization Int. Soc. of Hypertension Guidelines for the Management of Hypertension. J. Hypertens. 17: 151–183.
- 2006. Phenotypic modulation of intima and media smooth muscle cells in fatal cases of coronary artery lesion. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 26: 326–332. , , et al.
- 2001. Identification and characterization of novel smoothelin isoforms in vascular smooth muscle. J. Vasc. Res. 38: 120–132. , , et al.
- 2002. Calponin homology domains at a glance. J. Cell Sci. 115: 3543–3545. and .
- 1995. Towards fully automated genome-wide polymorphism screening. Nat. Genet. 9: 341–342. , and .
- 2003. Adventitial myofibroblasts play no major role in neointima formation after angioplasty. Scand. Cardiovasc. J. 37: 34–42. , , et al.
- 2002. On the advantage of haplotype analysis in the presence of multiple disease susceptibility alleles. Genet. Epidemiol. 23: 221–233. and .
- 2008. Association of extracellular superoxide dismutase gene with cerebral infarction in women: a haplotype-based case-control study. Hereditas 145: 283–292. , , et al.
- 2001. Isolation of the 5′-flanking region of genes by thermal asymmetric interlaced polymerase chain reaction. Med. Sci. Monit. 7: 345–349. , , et al.
- 2004. Biochemical evidence for interaction between smoothelin and filamentous actin. Exp. Cell Res. 292: 170–178. , , et al.
- 2005. Smoothelin-a is essential for functional intestinal smooth muscle con tractility in mice. Gastroenterology 129: 1592–1601. , , et al.
- 1994. Design and sample-size considerations in the detection of linkage disequilibrium with a disease locus. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 55: 574–580. and .
- 2007. Sex and body mass index specific regulation of blood pressure by CYP19A1 gene variants. Hypertension 50: 884–890. , , et al.
- 2002. Expression of the smoothelin gene is mediated by alternative promoters. Cardiovasc. Res. 55: 850–863. , , et al.
- 2008. Smoothelin-B deficiency results in reduced arterial contractility, hyper tension, and cardiac hypertrophy in mice. Circulation 118: 828–836. , , et al.
- 2001. Haplotype variation and linkage disequilibrium in 313 human genes. Science 293: 489–493. , , et al.
- 2004. Aging blunts remodeling of the uterine artery during murine pregnancy. J. Soc. Gynecol. Investig. 11: 304–310. , , et al.
- 1997. Differentiation of smooth muscle cells in human blood vessels as defined by smoothelin, a novel marker for the contractile phenotype. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 17: 665–671. , , et al.
- 1997. Smoothelin expression characteristics: development of a smooth muscle cell in vitro system and identification of a vascular variant. Cell Struct. Funct. 22: 65–72. , , et al.
- 2007. Smoothelin in vascular smooth muscle cells. Trends Cardiovasc. Med. 17: 26–30. , and .
- 1997. Substructural localization of smoothelin and a vascular specific variant. FEBS Lett. 405: 315–320. , , et al.
- 2010. The haplotype of the CACNA1B gene associated with cerebral infarction in Japanese. Hereditas 147: 313–319. , , et al.
- 2002. Haplotype block structure and its applications to association studies: power and study designs. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 71: 1384–1391. , , et al.
- 2007. The association between polymorphism of TNF-α gene and hypertensive disorder complicating pregnancy. J. Huazhong Univ. Sci. Technol. 27: 729–732. , and .