The questionnaires for recruiting families (in Swedish) can be obtained from the corresponding author.
Does simultaneous bilingualism aggravate children’s specific language problems?
Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Author(s)/Acta Pædiatrica © 2012 Foundation Acta Pædiatrica
Volume 101, Issue 9, pages 946–952, September 2012
How to Cite
Korkman, M., Stenroos, M., Mickos, A., Westman, M., Ekholm, P. and Byring, R. (2012), Does simultaneous bilingualism aggravate children’s specific language problems?. Acta Paediatrica, 101: 946–952. doi: 10.1111/j.1651-2227.2012.02733.x
Dr. Korkman passed away on 18 April 2012.
- Issue online: 3 AUG 2012
- Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 MAY 2012 10:53AM EST
- Received 15 February 2012; revised 7 May 2012; accepted 8 May 2012
- 2Bilingualism in development: language, literacy, & cognition. Cambridge: University Press, 20012004..
- 3Dual language development & disorders: a handbook on bilingualism & second language learning. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing, 2004., , .
- 4Assessment of bilingual children for identification of language impairment: current findings and implications for practice. Int J Biling Educ Biling 2008; 11: 1–29., .
- 5American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, 4th ed. Text Rev. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association, 2000.
- 6Children with specific language impairment. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 19982000..
- 12Bilingual children with specific language impairment and standardized assessments: preliminary findings from a study of children in language units. Int J Biling 1997; 1: 117–34., , .
- 17WHO. ICD 10, 2007. Available at: http://www.who.int/classifications/apps/icd/icd10online/.
- 20Wechsler preschool and primary scale of intelligence—revised version (WPPSI-R; Swedish version). Stockholm, Sweden: Psykologiförlaget, 1999..
- 21NEPSY – A developmental neuropsychological assessment. San Antonio, TX: The Psychological Corporation, 1998., , .
- 22NEPSY II, 2nd ed. San Antonio, TX: PsychCorp/Pearson Clinical Assessment, 2007., , .
- 23UNESCO. International Standard of Education Classification (ISCED), 1997. Available at: http://www.unesco.org/education/information/nfsunesco/doc/isced_1997.htm.