Path toward Democracy? The Role of Economic Development
Article first published online: 31 JAN 2012
© 2012 Swiss Political Science Association
Swiss Political Science Review
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 105–109, March 2012
How to Cite
Schlumberger, O. and Matzke, T. (2012), Path toward Democracy? The Role of Economic Development. Swiss Political Science Review, 18: 105–109. doi: 10.1111/j.1662-6370.2012.02058.x
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 31 JAN 2012
- CSS (2011). Istitla’ lil-ra’i al-’amm hawla tashkil hukuma al-Sayyid Ma’ruf al-Bakhit (al-thaniya) [Public opinion poll on the formation of the (second) government of Maruf al-Bakhit], February 2011, Amman: Center for Strategic Studies.
- Gallup (2011). Egypt from Tahrir to Transition. Egyptians on their Assets and Challenges and What Leaders should do about it; online: http://www.gallup.com/file/poll/148133/Egypt_Tahrir_to_Transition_Deck__Final_June_2011.pdf; rev. 12-03-2011.
- 2007). Upgrading Authoritarianism in the Arab World; online: http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Files/rc/papers/2007/10arabworld/10arabworld.pdf, rev. 12-15-2011. (
- IRI (2011a). Egyptian Public Opinion Survey. April 14 – April 27, 2011; online: http://www.iri.org/sites/default/files/2011%20June%205%20Survey%20of%20Egyptian%20Public%20Opinion,%20April%2014-27,%202011_0.pdf; rev. 12-03-2011.
- IRI (2011b). Survey of Tunisian Public Opinion. March 5-18, 2011; online: http://www.iri.org/sites/default/files/2011%20April%2010%20Survey%20of%20Tunisian%20Public%20Opinion%20March%205-18%202011%20FINAL.pdf; rev. 12-15-2011.
- 1999). How Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan and even Egypt became IMF “success stories” in the 1990s. Middle East Report, 210, 23–27. (
- 2008). Structural Reform, Economic Order, and Development: Patrimonial Capitalism. Review of International Political Economy, 15 (4): 622–649. (