Guest Editor: Herbert L. DuPont, MD
Global Changes Related to Travelers’ Health
Article first published online: 5 JUL 2007
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 205–208, July/August 2007
How to Cite
Gushulak, B., Funk, M. and Steffen, R. (2007), Global Changes Related to Travelers’ Health. Journal of Travel Medicine, 14: 205–208. doi: 10.1111/j.1708-8305.2007.00128.x
- Issue published online: 5 JUL 2007
- Article first published online: 5 JUL 2007
- 1Why we worry about the things we shouldn’t…… and ignore the things we should. Time Magazine 2006 Nov 26. Available at: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1562978,00.html?cnn=yes (Accessed 2006 Nov 27).
- 2World Health Organization, Cumulative Number of Confirmed Human Cases of Avian Influenza A/(H5N1). Reported to who. Available at: http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/country/cases_table_2007_04_11/en/index.html. (Accessed 2007 May 15)
- 3World Health Organization. Current WHO phase of pandemic alert. Available at http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/phase/en/index.html. (Accessed 2006 Jul 7)
- 5World Health Organization. Summary of probable SARS cases with onset of illness from 1 November 2002 to 31 July 2003. Available at http://www.who.int/csr/sars/country/table2004_04_21/en/index.html. (Accessed 2006 Jul 7)
- 9World Health Organization. Dengue and dengue haemorrhagic fever. Available at http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs117/en/. (Accessed 2007 Feb 15)
- 12Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Jamaica, October-December 2006. Euro Surveill 2006; 11:E061214.3, .
- 15Traveller’s diarrhoea among foreign visitors to Thailand: a report from the first four months. 11th Asian Conference on Diarrheal Diseases and Nutrition; 2006 March 810, Bangkok., , , et al.
- 20World Health Organization. International travel and health. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO, 2007.
- 22Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP); , , . Prevention of hepatitis A through active or passive immunization: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep 2006; 55:1–23.
- 23Effectiveness of a hepatitis A vaccination program for migrant children in Amsterdam the Netherlands (1992–2004). Vaccine 2006; 24:4962–4968., , , et al.
- 24Imported typhoid fever in Switzerland, 1993–2004 [Thesis]. (In press)., , , et al.
- 25Dixit. Air travel takes flight. Himal Southasian. Available at: http://www.himalmag.com/2005/july/analysis_3.html. (Accessed 2006 Jul 21)
- 26Thai Airways. Available at: http://www.saveflights.com/airline/thai_airways.html. (Accessed 2006 Jul 21)
- 27Flood of evacuees threatens to swamp Cyprus. International Herald Tribune 2006 Jul 20. Available at: http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/07/20/news/flee.php. (Accessed 2006 Jul 21).
- 28UN. Report of the Secretary-General. International migration and development. New York: UN, A60/871 May 2006, The Organization.
- 30Tourism 2020 Vision. Available at: www.world-tourism.org/facts/menu.html. (Accessed 2007 Feb 15)