**An earlier version of this article was presented at the 4th Annual University of Wisconsin—Madison Global Health Symposium in Madison, Wisconsin on March 5, 2008. Portions of these data were presented as a poster at the Midwest Nursing Research Society meeting in Indianapolis, IN, on March 29, 2008.
Travel Health Risk Perceptions and Prevention Behaviors of US Study Abroad Students
Article first published online: 24 JUL 2009
© 2009 International Society of Travel Medicine
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 5, pages 338–343, September/October 2009
How to Cite
Hartjes, L. B., Baumann, L. C. and Henriques, J. B. (2009), Travel Health Risk Perceptions and Prevention Behaviors of US Study Abroad Students. Journal of Travel Medicine, 16: 338–343. doi: 10.1111/j.1708-8305.2009.00322.x
- Issue published online: 24 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 24 JUL 2009
- 1Institute of International Education. Open Doors Report 2008: Information and Data Tables. 2008. Available at: http://opendoors.iienetwork.org/?p=131555. (Accessed 2009 Mar 2)
- 3NAFSA: Association of International Educators. Public Policy: Senator Paul Simon Study Abroad Foundation Act. 2009. Available at: http://www.nafsa.org/public_policy.sec/commission_on_the_abraham/. (Accessed 2009 Mar 2)
- 10The self-regulation of health and illness behavior. New York: Routledge, 2003., .
- 11Regulation, self-regulation, and construction of the self in the maintenance of physical health. In: BoekaertsM, PintrichP, ZeidnerM, eds. Handbook of self-regulation. San Diego: Academic Press, 2000: 369–411., , .
- 14Measurement in nursing and health research. New York: Springer Publishing Company, 2005., , .
- 20Knowledge of malaria, risk perception, and compliance with prophylaxis and personal and environmental preventive measures in travelers exiting Zimbabwe from Harare and Victoria Falls International airport. J Travel Med 2001; 8:298–303., , .
- 25Korean travelers’ knowledge, attitudes, and practices regarding the prevention of malaria: measures taken by travelers departing for India from Incheon International Airport. J Travel Med 2007; 14:381–385., , , et al.